Spunding Valve

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think that is the one they are referring to..

I grabbed these as my sister in law in the US on holiday atm. Free delivery.
IMG_5301.jpg

I'd be all over one at the right price Ridge runner.

I tried and every time I got my items in the cart they wouldn't ship to Australia as some items were from amazon and you had to have a min spend etc. By the time I got enough for the mini spend things added up then they shipped in 2 separate shipments and it was around $80 ea for 3.

I'll wait till a BB happens as mentioned above.

They look exactly the same as the amazon pieces so see how that comes out first.

You need to use shop mate Digga
This will give you an American address
Postage is about $30 this way though

AFAIC, you want to experiment with very high fermenting pressures you’d find an 80psi gauge useful. However for almost all pressure fermenting purposes 30psi is enough.

Anyone ferment above 30psi?

May sound stupid but are all you guys that are fermenting in kegs, are they 50 litre kegs? Assuming you would have to reduce the volume to ferment in a standard corny key?

May sound stupid but are all you guys that are fermenting in kegs, are they 50 litre kegs? Assuming you would have to reduce the volume to ferment in a standard corny key?
I have a 23L mytton keg that I also use. Pressure keeps the krausen down, be carefull when releasing pressure at ferment temp, as the krausen will rise rapidly (much like when you open up a warm bottle of beer i guess)

Ahhhhh, that makes sense. May have to just reduce my fermenter volume. Does anyone include a NRV between the keg post and the gauge?

Be a good idea. Honestly it hadn't even occurred to me. Would be a good alternative to cleaning the spunding valve every few brews. I may get a couple of those German disconnects with the NRV built in.

Edit: Oh, and volume. I ferment up to 30L in a 40 litre Mytton Rodd keg. I've actually had 20L ferments in those blow krause out the valve, and 35L ferments not do that, all on top fermenting yeasts. May try Fermcap.

Be a good idea. Honestly it hadn't even occurred to me. Would be a good alternative to cleaning the spunding valve every few brews. I may get a couple of those German disconnects with the NRV built in.

Wouldn't it stop your gauge working.

Latest posts

Back