Spray ball washing the Keg.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to burst your bubble but that pump is only good for up to 35deg.
I presume you haven't read the post I put up (16) about the temperature, I use sodium perborate at low temperature for cleaning, ideal for the fermentasaurus which needs to be cleaned at low temperatures.
And also safer than sodium percarbonate.

I presume you haven't read the post I put up (16) about the temperature, I use sodium perborate at low temperature for cleaning, ideal for the fermentasaurus which needs to be cleaned at low temperatures.
And also safer than sodium percarbonate.
Where do you source your s/perborate? I am in Canberra but get down to Melbourne usually on a monthly basis.

Sodium Perborate I get locally, it too has pro's and cons it is about $1 /kg dearer that sodium percarbonate not as green as there is a fair amount of boron going down the drain, plus side it is stable and not likely to self ignite.
Both have a shelf life of a year so best I could advise is get a small quantity (unless you have someone to split with) of sodium percarbonate 100% a lot of the stuff you see cheap has been cut back with sodium carbonate.
This company does small quantities and ships.
https://www.auroracleaning.com.au/cleaning-product/Raw-Materials/Sodium-Percarbonate/39/120/

Sodium Perborate I get locally, it too has pro's and cons it is about $1 /kg dearer that sodium percarbonate not as green as there is a fair amount of boron going down the drain, plus side it is stable and not likely to self ignite.
Both have a shelf life of a year so best I could advise is get a small quantity (unless you have someone to split with) of sodium percarbonate 100% a lot of the stuff you see cheap has been cut back with sodium carbonate.
This company does small quantities and ships.
https://www.auroracleaning.com.au/cleaning-product/Raw-Materials/Sodium-Percarbonate/39/120/

Sodium Percarbonate has a shelf life of a year? I just got a 25kg bag in a bulk buy...

Looks like I’ve got some (a lot of) cleaning to do.

Sodium Percarbonate has a shelf life of a year? I just got a 25kg bag in a bulk buy...

Looks like I’ve got some (a lot of) cleaning to do.
My last bag of sodium Perc went for over 2 years, use it in the dishwasher and washing machine it goes quick. Just have to store it right, heres what was posted a couple of years ago about reaction.

Mardoo said:
The brew wash that BB made in this buy started reacting. He vacuum sealed the kilos and within a few weeks they were all blown up like balloons. It didn't seem to reduce the activity in his wash as much as it did when I premixed sodium percarbonate and sodium metasilicate. By activity, I mean the apparent amount of gas generated by the mixture when added to water. I have no means of measuring "activity" other than observation.

I lost 5 odd kilos of perc and met once. I was sitting there on a hot night and I could here a bubbling sound. Felt the side of my bucket it was so hot I couldn't touch it. Managed to get it outside and took the lid off and attacked it with the hose. It instantly boiled on contact. It took a long time to dissolve. It was fun tho but I don't mix it anymore.
It was 40°+ day that set it off I reckon. Glad I was in the shed that day and heard it tho.

Just ordered a CIP pump from AliExpress, can anyone recommend appropriate hose (and supplier) to use for:
  • 1" / 25mm ID
  • Max 4 bar / 60 kPa
  • Acid / alkaline / caustic resistant
  • 70+ degree heat tolerance
Need about 5 metres I reckon, preferably without breaking the bank, but also don't want to risk spraying hot CIP fluid on me or the brewery if a hose burst.

Cheers,

Do you have a link to the pump ?

cheers
stefan

Just ordered a CIP pump from AliExpress, can anyone recommend appropriate hose (and supplier) to use for:
  • 1" / 25mm ID
  • Max 4 bar / 60 kPa
  • Acid / alkaline / caustic resistant
  • 70+ degree heat tolerance
Need about 5 metres I reckon, preferably without breaking the bank, but also don't want to risk spraying hot CIP fluid on me or the brewery if a hose burst.

Cheers,
Did you end up making the keg cleaner?

Can anyone vouch for the effectiveness of submersible bunnings pumps when using with a CIP spray ball?
I found this 50$ pump from bunnings which fits the specs of my spray ball perfectly 32lpm 330kpa, except it's not rated for higher temps (but hey it's 50 bucks) I would prefer to have some thing that I can just move from bucket to bucket depending on whether im cleaning, rinsing or sterilising so will go with a submersible, unless anyone has had negative/ poor results with one.
Cheers.

Can anyone vouch for the effectiveness of submersible bunnings pumps when using with a CIP spray ball?
I found this 50$ pump from bunnings which fits the specs of my spray ball perfectly 32lpm 330kpa, except it's not rated for higher temps (but hey it's 50 bucks) I would prefer to have some thing that I can just move from bucket to bucket depending on whether im cleaning, rinsing or sterilising so will go with a submersible, unless anyone has had negative/ poor results with one.
Cheers.
That pump is not submersible.
I have a ozito submersible pump and has been fine. Think it cost $89.

Cheers.
Try this one https://www.bunnings.com.au/xu1-900w-submersible-pump_p4819828
I have been using one for a few months not with no problems.

Mine is still going strong, no problems whatsoever. ozito 900w
Do you mean XU1? You were using the XU1 not Ozito when you started this thread or did the XU1 crap out on you? I had one that only lasted 2 weeks before it leaked and was tripping the electric.

go ozito they have 3yr warranty

take a photo of the receipt and email it to your self for to keep it

xu1 are shit

Do you mean XU1? You were using the XU1 not Ozito when you started this thread or did the XU1 crap out on you? I had one that only lasted 2 weeks before it leaked and was tripping the electric.
Yes XU1, same thing but, made by Ozito.

Yes XU1, same thing but, made by Ozito.
Well no not really the same at all. The XU1 pump is manufactured by Ozito but is marketed as an even cheaper alternative to the already budget Ozito pump also sold at Bunnings.

My XU1 didn’t like being submerged for 2 weeks in a hydroponics setup. If like yours it was being used in a CIP and not being left submerged between uses it may have fared better.

Went with the ozito, although it looks like clone of the XU1 with a sightly less powerful motor.
Just gotta wait for the sprayball to arrive in the mail to finish it.
The plumbing design is very similar to reg Holt's, with out the QD attachments, but that's the only way you can get the nozzle centred and fit in a 20l bucket, turns out there's only so many ways to skin a cat.

69710659_367275220894534_7344452547844767744_n.jpg 70903846_369716447278198_32235559212548096_n.jpg 70870387_377384999844634_6476317817690914816_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back