Spog Flies East

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spog

The Odd Drop Brewery
Reaction score
now fellas i dont wont to upset any of you but,....tomorrow night i am of to nz so i thought i might( seeing as i would be in the area), visit say emersons brewery, maybe dux de lux ,or even..... fellas,hallo is anyone there...... ahhh now come on guys , hallo can anyone here me............ :beer: :D :chug:

spog said:
now fellas i dont wont to upset any of you but,....tomorrow night i am of to nz so i thought i might( seeing as i would be in the area), visit say emersons brewery, maybe dux de lux ,or even..... fellas,hallo is anyone there...... ahhh now come on guys , hallo can anyone here me............ :beer: :D :chug:
[post="53358"][/post]​

Whereabouts in NZ spog? If in Wellington, go to the Malthouse, it has beers from the Tuatara brewery and the beers were excellent.

Cheers
Pedro

Without knowing exactly where you are going other than Dunedin and Christchurch, here is a post I made to another AHB member who was recently over there.

In Wellington check out Shed 22 Brewing Company which is on the water front at the end of Taranaki St, next to the Te Papa museum.
Also in Wellington check out the Malt House bar on Willis street for a huge selection of beers including many small breweries.
In Christchurch check out Dux de Lux which is the #1 micro there.
In Queenstown check out Monty's which is Monteiths theme bar.
Around the lower part of the South Island if you make it to Wanaka check out Wanaka Beer Works. I haven't been to the brewery but have had a few of their beers.
Dunedin check out Speights Brewery tour and Emersons (who I think only do tours by prior arrangement).

Let us know where else you are going and I can come up with more tips.

Have a great trip; Beers,
Doc

,thank,s doc,pedro, am going the south island and have a list of breweries,micros to visit. i saw the dux de lux on channel 7 the world around us show about 6/7 weeks ago. wanaka beer works i found in a tourist brochure. and emersons here on a previous post ( cant remember who sorry) am of in 2 hours gotta go the better half is champing at the bit,will post a full report when i get back.oh almost forgot our flights have been changed we go through sydney now not melbourne so it looks like no merc,s own for me bugger it.

spog also if in queenstown go to the loaded hog as they have a micro and dux deluxe is in queenstown to right next to montys bar and definatly taste the Brewski from Wanaka Beer works it is a great beersas i have just come back from the south island and if in neslon try and bring back some hops pellets and also i didnt mind macs gold and spiets ale house was ok and aviod spieghts gold medal ale as its shit

In the north island there's a saying that goes "if you drink speights, you've got no mates". And yes, gold medal is crap.

barfridge said:
In the north island there's a saying that goes "if you drink speights, you've got no mates". And yes, gold medal is crap.
[post="53513"][/post]​
Haven't heard that one in a while. The other saying is: "Some People Enjoy It, God Hates The Shit"

Doc

Superior
Piss
Enjoyed
In
Great
Hotels
Throughout
Southland

dreamboat

Back