Spit hire

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebigtwist

Reaction score
Want to do a whole pig on spit for party, any one no any one that hires them around or near engadine Sydney.

I have seen them advertised at local butchers for rent, not near engadine though, and never borrowed one

My 2c worth

I think there is a catering place in kirrawee that does them, although it might be where they come and cook it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back in the day....we used to make spits with a couple of steel dropers ( star pickets/fence posts ), some roofing iron, number 10 wire, wood & lots & lots & lots of beer.

Not much erectricery in a big paddock.....

This mob is probably a bit out of the way for you, but its a good set up. Been to a few turnouts using they're gear.

http://www.pigoutspitroast.com.au/

By the way, you don't zap your dick pissing on an electric fence. Don't you blokes watch Mythbusters..
Still wouldn't do it but.

Yeah well you tell the bare-foot 10 year old version of me that Dave. It can definitely be a real thing.

Dave70 said:
By the way, you don't zap your dick pissing on an electric fence. Don't you blokes watch Mythbusters..
Still wouldn't do it but.
Mythbusters found this (electric fence) to be plausible. They busted the myth about pissing on the 3rd rail and dying of electrocution.

i'd go boned out legs of pork / couple nice fatty whole rump / some legs of lamb etc rather than whole pig

whole pigs are $$$ and lots of waste i reckon and can be a pain in the arse to get cooked right

they do look bloody awesome cooked up on a spit but....

(ex butcher)

mckenry said:
Mythbusters found this (electric fence) to be plausible. They busted the myth about pissing on the 3rd rail and dying of electrocution.
You are 100% correct.

My apologies to anybody who went out an pissed on an electric fence based on my declaration it was risk free to do so.

hmmm pig...

20131123_184219_v1.jpg

Back