Spiegelau has created a special IPA glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CamM

Reaction score
In collaboration with Sierra Nevada and Dogfish Head it seems.

The rest of their glasses are pretty awesome (and actually really DO improve the beer!), looking forward to trying this one out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a look at ordering one from Sierra Nevada. $106 shipping for 1 glass to Australia. Not even joking. Try it yourself.

I'll stick with the Samuel Adams glasses, which I think are extraordinary, and you can get them for cheap as chips off eBay.

fantastic glasses, i have the tall pilsner ones and the wheat, but i must say they are quite delicate and fragile

Postage from DFH is about $45 but for something like this you would probably be better off getting a group buy and going through a post forwarding website. I would definitely go post forwarding for just one glad though.

I might see what kind of prices I'd looking at.

alien13 said:
Postage from DFH is about $45 but for something like this you would probably be better off getting a group buy and going through a post forwarding website. I would definitely go post forwarding for just one glad though.

I might see what kind of prices I'd looking at.
I'd be up for a couple as well if you can find a good deal.

if a bulk buy happens put me down for a couple. spent the arvo trying to find somewhere selling them with reasonable postage.

im sure i can convince the wife that i need one or two if it eventuates.
might send an email now to someone i know in the company

Would love a couple of these for my collection !

slash22000 said:
I had a look at ordering one from Sierra Nevada. $106 shipping for 1 glass to Australia. Not even joking. Try it yourself.

I'll stick with the Samuel Adams glasses, which I think are extraordinary, and you can get them for cheap as chips off eBay.
I can't find SA glasses for less than $30 each (posted) on ebay, what did you pay ?

DFH
barls said:
might send an email now to someone i know in the company
Sounds good. Will be looking forward to seeing how you go.

As for me, the cheapest so far for one glass posted is going to be $36.94. That's to a regional SA area as well. Quite a big difference from the previously mentioned prices but still high. Not sure how much postage for multiple items will be but I'll check that out next.

Samuel Adams said:
Would love a couple of these for my collection !

I can't find SA glasses for less than $30 each (posted) on ebay, what did you pay ?
Recently (December 2012) I bought a set of two for $35 including shipping. eBay.

Spiesy said:
does nobody distribute these in Australia?
hence why i sent an email to the one that does all the glass tastings.
ill let you all know once i get a reply.

I just emailed speigelau's Australian distributer asking if there are plans to distribute them here.

im also very keen on getting one of these was messing around trying to find a quote on getting shipped from the dfh site but it kept returning back an error.

Maybe we can hope that one of our craft beer outlets like Slowbeer or Purvis Cellars ( for instance, in Victoria ) will put in a bulk order !

'Cos I really want a few :)

good news everybody:

Hi Liam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

The new Spiegelau IPA beer glass will be in Australia by approx June 2013.

Keep an eye on our Facebook page & our webstore www.riedelglass.com.au for updates on its arrival.

Best regards
Jenni

Jenni Whitbread
Office Manager
RSN Australia Pty Ltd
201/270 Pacific Highway
Crows Nest 2065
Australia

That's good to hear! Will be interesting to see how the prices compare to the american sites.

If anyone does decide that they can't wait another 4 months, be sure to post photos and details about it ;) (I'll definitely do it if I can't control myself).

Thanks for looking into it Liam_snorkel!

Back