Spent Grain Muesli

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheekyPanda

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals,

Not even sure this is in the correct thread but I'm looking for a tried and true Muesli Bar recipe or something of that nature for the spent grain after a brew day.

It seems a waste to throw it into the compost.

Any ideas will be truly appreciated.

Been thinking about doing something like this myself or maybe anzac biscuits and sub the oats for spent grain.

Wish I had some chooks a mate of mine feeds his spent grain to his and they produce the best eggs ever with the brightest orange yolks.

Brownsworthy said:
Been thinking about doing something like this myself or maybe anzac biscuits and sub the oats for spent grain.

Wish I had some chooks a mate of mine feeds his spent grain to his and they produce the best eggs ever with the brightest orange yolks.
My Golden Retrievers don't play well with chickens. Or ducks for that matter.

I know what you mean though, maybe I can start bartering with the guy on the street. Spent grain for eggs.

CheekyPanda said:
My Golden Retrievers don't play well with chickens. Or ducks for that matter.
I know what you mean though, maybe I can start bartering with the guy on the street. Spent grain for eggs.
Build a decent size dog proof pen, sounds like you've got a fair bit of space up there or yeah, start giving your neighbour spent grain and I'm sure he'll be thanking you in no time.

Brownsworthy said:
Build a decent size dog proof pen, sounds like you've got a fair bit of space up there or yeah, start giving your neighbour spent grain and I'm sure he'll be thanking you in no time.
The youngest one is like a magician.

Latest posts

Back