Speidels Braumeister Wing Nut

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday
Short story - Tragedy, have lost the wing nut to secure the bow down on my malt pipe in the 20L Braumeister

Does anyone know what size and thread the rod is so I can get a nut and washer in the short term, and if there is a replacement stainless wing nut i can get from either Speidel or a nuts an bolts shop in Brisbane?

Sorry can't help out directly but your Braumeister is now useless :icon_cheers:
I can take it off your hands for $100.00 scrap value. :D :D

P.S. should be easy enough to replace measure the diameter of the threaded rod it looks from the videos to be about 10mm. does not even need to be stainless if you need to get up and going quickly.

Not sitting on the bottom of your fermenter is it ? I can see it would be easy to drop into the urn during use.

It's 12X1.75 metric thread of course.

Do you go to BaBBs Eater? If so I have a stainless nut and washer you can have tonight.

batz

Batz I owe you a frosty beer or three :beer:

Havent been to BaBBs yet, was hoping to have actual homebrew before lobbing in.

Ill try across the road at bunnings first then let you know.

Sorry can't help out directly but your Braumeister is now useless :icon_cheers:
I can take it off your hands for $100.00 scrap value. :D :D

P.S. should be easy enough to replace measure the diameter of the threaded rod it looks from the videos to be about 10mm. does not even need to be stainless if you need to get up and going quickly.

Not sitting on the bottom of your fermenter is it ? I can see it would be easy to drop into the urn during use.

Sure $100 in scrap and around $2400 in postage and handling ;)

I have torn my entire house apart looking for it, missus was ready to leave me there and then over it as i ranted and raved.
No doubt it will turn up in the veggie compartment of the fridge or other places i never ever use

Sure $100 in scrap and around $2400 in postage and handling ;)

I have torn my entire house apart looking for it, missus was ready to leave me there and then over it as i ranted and raved.
No doubt it will turn up in the veggie compartment of the fridge or other places i never ever use

That cracks me up. I would be the same if I lost any of my brewing equip. My Mrs and kids know not to even look at my gear. But I am sure the Mrs sneaks in and use my good scales for cooking :) But she knows I would go ape shit if the battrey was flat when I came to use it.

Steve

That cracks me up. I would be the same if I lost any of my brewing equip. My Mrs and kids know not to even look at my gear. But I am sure the Mrs sneaks in and use my good scales for cooking :) But she knows I would go ape shit if the battrey was flat when I came to use it.

Steve

Caught mine using my hopscales for spices the other day... "i hope you used a separate bowl"

Back