Specifically Keg King filters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mckenry

Brummagem
Reaction score
Hi All,
Amazingly there isnt a topic just about these filters, so I am starting one. They've been mentioned in many threads, but not specifically about them.

I have a KK filter, which works beautifully except that at first it leaked around those el cheapo fittings. Even with thread tape.... I tightened it up until it snapped.... which was **** all past finger tight anyway....

That aside, which I fixed with decent fittings, I have a problem with the cleaning of this filter.
The plastic 'cage' around the filter has trapped some hop debris between itself and the filter. I cant get those tiny bits out and the cage doesnt seem to come apart. I'm a bit hesitant to push hard as I tend to bust things quite easily (I'm probably one of the strongest men in my house).

A soak in Napisan doesnt remove the trapped particles nor dissolve them.

Any thoughts brothers?

I am having the same issues re not being able to clean it. Socked in Perc, Pink and Sun Bleached it. Still not coming clean.

I have tried back flushing. I am not super worried as I used to work as a warranty tec for a pool company. I have never seen a clean filter no matter what you do.

Online Brewing Supplies said:
Cant back flush carefully ?
Pic may help.
Nev
Nev,
The back flush didnt work. No pic as I'm away from home. I guess the bits got in there, so they must be able to come out. Just need to work out how. Could be a fiddly job :(

I have the same issue. I think as long as you dry them thoroughly they're alright. I have had one cartridge go bad and taint a batch I filtered with a mouldy smell.

Latest posts

Back