Specialty Beer Retailers In Adeliade Area

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luka

Reaction score
Hey all, my first post ! Was just wondering if anyone knew some good retailers in the Adelaide area that sold a range of specialty/imported/rarer style beers. I'm trying to increase my knowledge and palate and try some different styles, but I'm not sure what the best stores are.

Any recommendations would be great.
Cheers :beer:

Hey all, my first post ! Was just wondering if anyone knew some good retailers in the Adelaide area that sold a range of specialty/imported/rarer style beers. I'm trying to increase my knowledge and palate and try some different styles, but I'm not sure what the best stores are.

Any recommendations would be great.
Cheers :beer:

Try:
Brewmaker Home Brewing
Shop 5/ 560 North East Road
Holden Hill, SA, 5088
Telephone: 08 83693649
Fax: 08 83693649

Also there is Grumpy's at Verdun in the Adelaide Hills. Their kits are a litte dearer but still good quality. In a previous post I stated that they were starting to get a little out of reach with the prices on their kits.(well for me anyway)I then found Brewmaker with a similar style of kits available and have acheived good results. The choice is yours.

BYB

I think hes after more of the ready to drink kind there BYB.

Are u on a referral payment agreement with Bill now? :D

I think hes after more of the ready to drink kind there BYB.

Are u on a referral payment agreement with Bill now? :D

No, but its not a bad angle to think about. Leave that one with me. :D Seriously though making beer is all about saving money but at the same time getting a quality product. I mention Bill because other than Grumpys I don't know of anyone else in Adelaide that does the specialty booster packs. Again I do rate Grumpys quite highly but in the end I want to save a few more bucks.

MMMM. It was late last night when I read that post, try Dan Murphy's.

BYB

Luka

Easiest place to start is Dan Murphys - they have a large range of the speciality aussie beers as well as plenty of imports. I find they tend to be the cheapest, every time i think i have found a good special elsewhere, they have dropped their prices!

Cheers
DrSmurto

p.s. BYB - Have you ever visited the Jovial monk in Unley? He does speciality packs altho he does tend to go part mash. Bill is a good bloke to deal with and his young sidekick works at the Jovial monk when he's not at Bills place!

p.s. BYB - Have you ever visited the Jovial monk in Unley? He does speciality packs altho he does tend to go part mash. Bill is a good bloke to deal with and his young sidekick works at the Jovial monk when he's not at Bills place!

Now it's funny you should mention that. I was actually in a brew shop on Henley Beach rd and they mentioned the Jovial Monk. Who the hell is he, is he related to "Cat Stevens" and whats the address. :unsure:

BYB

Yes, he probably is.
Duthy Street Parkside, not far from the Earl.
http://www.jovialmonk.com.au/

Some of the guys on here are big fans ;)

(ask for some English crystal and POR hops - snigger)

back OT, the Lakes Bottlo near that big oval has some interesting finds in there too for No-Brew.

gets a bit expensive buying malts by the kilo but at least you can buy malted grains there. i've probably got a few tins of goo you can have for nix.

gets a bit expensive buying malts by the kilo but at least you can buy malted grains there. i've probably got a few tins of goo you can have for nix.

Drink wine we may be able to work something out. "One Hand washes the other"

BYB

Yes, he probably is.
Duthy Street Parkside, not far from the Earl.
http://www.jovialmonk.com.au/

Some of the guys on here are big fans ;)

(ask for some English crystal and POR hops - snigger)

It's the first HBS I went to and got quite and education in the first few visits, each about an hour long. Must admit it is an interesting place for the newbie visitor, there is a definate passion for brewing in the man.

up to my ears in wine, but there's still a little bit of room above my ears :)

It's the first HBS I went to and got quite and education in the first few visits, each about an hour long. Must admit it is an interesting place for the newbie visitor, there is a definate passion for brewing in the man.
sometimes he says something and I'm :blink: or :rolleyes: or :unsure: so i'd definitely recommend a second opinion.

Latest posts

Back