Spare bottles in Brisbane?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New 2 Brew

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the right forum but I was at Craft Brewer today and I asked about bottles. The guys there mentioned that there are a heap of people that switch to kegs and throw out their bottles.

I was hoping there might be some people happy to donate rater than throwing their bottles out?
I'm using PET bottles now but I could buy a capper if needed. It just seems silly to pay as much for empty bottles as I would pay for normal beer.

Thanks in advance :)

Jay

gave most of mine away a couple of months ago...

Bottles will pop up now and again on this forum so keep an eye out.

In the mean time, you could start building a collection. Do you drink coopers? You can get slabs of tallies at many bottle-o's for the same price as stubbies, and their bottles are ideal.

I pretty sure there is an old capper floating around in the shed if you need one.

I have some screw-top tallies I don't need anymore. Most (if not all) are the Tooheys New style bottles. They are pretty thin bottles but they hold beer. You would definatly need a bench capper, I don't think they would hold up to the hammer style cappers.

I have a few crates of screw top tallies floating around, got them from another brewer who moved overseas, but i never actually used them. They're still in the same condition i got them, very dirty, dusty, cobwebs etc, so would need a good clean.

i just drove boxes and boxes of stubbies to the dump two weeks ago.

Let me know if you want those tallies, i'll chuck them in the bin soon otherwise.
I'll keep the crates, though, so bring your own boxes or whatever.

DSC_1877.JPG

Looking at the pic they're actually mixed bottles, but 2 or 3 crates of tallies in there. Definitely going to the bin if they're not gone the next few weeks, along with the other junk in the pic. (TV anyone? Still working).

I have a few cartons of 330ml that you can take.

I heard that screw tops can be less reliable... Considering I haven't even tasted my first batch I think I might be a bit green and bottle bombs might redecorate my house.
The tallies sound great. What side of Brissie are you? I can PM you my number and just let me know when suits you :)

Oh and smoko... A capper would be awesome!

New 2 Brew said:
I heard that screw tops can be less reliable... Considering I haven't even tasted my first batch I think I might be a bit green and bottle bombs might redecorate my house.
The tallies sound great. What side of Brissie are you? I can PM you my number and just let me know when suits you :)

Oh and smoko... A capper would be awesome!
Are you talking to Frag_Dog or me? We both have screw top tallies :)

Mine come without a 'no bottle bomb' warranty, so use at your own risk and look after yourself and your family. I'm pretty sure same applies to all other bottles offered here.

Well in that case I'll take my chances :)
Let me know which side of Bris and when suits and I can shoot past. Thanks again!

Did all those tallies get nabbed (either Florian or Frag Dog)? If not, I'd be much obliged.

Also, tip: if you swing by Scratch in Milton, they'll let you take their bag of empties from behind the bar. Usually just 330mL ones though.

Back