Southern Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rumper

Reaction score
Hi all.
New on this site. And thanks for adding me Admin.
Ive been an all grain mash brewer for a couple of years now and have never looked back since converting from extract brewing. Love the variety of different flavours you can come up with. Beats the commercial stuff anyday.
Would love to know how many Mash brewers are here from southern Adelaide. Particularly around seaford, mclaren vale and aldinga areas and surrounds. Nectar of the Gods. Happy brewing

Hi Rumper,

I would suggest introducing yourself on the Brew Adelaide forum to find brewers from the south.
I'm in Hallett Cove and been brewing for a long time.

C&B
TDA

I'm mainly brew Coopers English Bitter and Thomas Cooper series these days with liquid malt although brew in bag (BIAB) for various stouts.
Cheers ( Noarlunga area)

You get it from beer belly, Pooraka ( they do deliver), Nig from Brew Adeaide if he's back on board or small amounts at expensive Brewcraft.

As stated they do deliver, but you asked the question and I don't know of any suppliers in bulk down south.

Wait a minute, am I right in thinking there maybe a southern grain dealer?
I'm at Aldinga Beach.
Would be great to have someone handy.
My usual goto dealer is offline at the moment,
As for buying from brewcraft, I think it would be cheaper for me to buy cartons of local craft beer and be done with it!!

I am from around Somerton Park
I usually buy bulk base grains from Carter Brewing Co. in Gepps Cross and usually go to Country Brewer at Mitchell Park for small amounts of specialty grains. I am really not familiar with many shops down south, all the reasonable priced shops tend to be up North.

Hey Rumper and welcome. I'm South but not as deep as you, am in Hove.

There is a Brewcraft at Reynella and the aforementioned Country Brewer at Clovelly Park. Personally though I order mine from Beerbelly in Pooraka who arrange delivery for a flat rate $6.50 so usually wait until I need over $100 worth. The savings over what others charge easily covers the freight and they are happy to crush grains to order.

+ 1 to KB. Beer belly are good value and really know their stuff. 10+ years ago, I used to get my grains from Tom at long since closed 'Jovial Monks' in Unley Park, then one at Holden Hill, now Beer Belly. I too am in the inner south and unless I'm heading to Pooraka for another reason get them to deliver it. What's Country Brewer like? What are their prices in comparison to others?

Country Brewer are stock standard HBS, very similar prices to Brewcraft, the benefit for me is it is close by and I can pick up under 1kg grain packages for little additions to brew and hops/yeast when I am desperate. THhey aren't too bad for bulk buying, you can pick up JW 25kg bags for $60, they just have a really good range and a decent rewards system too but like I said probably better off going with beer belly or even Carter Brewing Co, I use him a lot he does really good deals when you buy a few things.

Thanks. Around the corner for me too so will consider going when I am caught short. I'll google Carter Brewing as I have a fancy grain mill waiting for me in Germany, so will be interested in 25 kg purchases soon.

grott said:
As stated they do deliver, but you asked the question and I don't know of any suppliers in bulk down south.

Rumper said:
That will be me
I got the impression Rumper might be up to something?

Yes, i am up to something. Have successfully applied for ABN and registered new business name. Southern Home Brewer Supplies. I am based in Mclaren flat. Have also been in contact with wholesalers in Victoria who are willing to supply me. If all goes to plan, im hoping to have the first load here by Christmas

Good to hear Rumper. I'm down that way every couple of months, so if your prices are reasonable I can pick up on the way through. Keep us in the loop. Also consider contacting Admin re becoming a retailer on this forum when you get up and running.

CyberAle said:
Country Brewer ..... They aren't too bad for bulk buying, you can pick up JW 25kg bags for $60,
Yeah, they're actually $10 cheaper than Beerbelly now for full bags of JW and not far from the Bay, so that's where go to get mine these days.
Beerbelly are still much cheaper for just about everything else though and their delivery cost is cheaper than driving out there.
I think they must have a weight limit of less than 50kg for delivery though. I tried to order 2 x 25kg bags, plus some other stuff once and couldn't get any delivery option on the website. Was fine once I removed one of the full bags.
Must check out Carter Brewing sometime too....can't say I've ever heard of them.

Hey Rumper, I'm an all grain brewer from all the way down in Goolwa. Been doing it for about 5 years and it doesn't get old, love it.

My main supplier is Beerbelly as they have a good range and deliver for a reasonable price.

If you ever want to make a trip down and do a colab brew, let me know

Latest posts

Back