South Coast Blow Job

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatgodzilla

Beer Soaked Philosopher
Reaction score
For the NSW people on the southern side of Sydney, where all the good people live, we have been waiting all week for this storm of the year. While it hasn't let us down, luckily Tuross Head missed the big stuff, but not by much. South of here, Narooma to Eden (30 klm to 100klm south) got the worst of it, though we were without power here for 4 hours this arvo - just as I was ready to turn the urn back on to sparge an APA I'm putting down. Just finishing the boil off now.

That said, I'm sick of the wind (shouldn't have eaten the curry) but two days of solid 30-50klm winds is starting to wear thin. The rain has been constant but not too bad. The 6.00pm news says its heading north, so I'm guessing the Illawarra / Shoalhaven is about to cop it.

Best of luck!

Thanks Godzilla. I wish I knew how our house in Narooma fared.... We won't be down there for 2 weeks.. hope it's all intact...

Thank you DS for your words of support and inspiration! :icon_chickcheers:

You north coast pussies wouldn't know a good storm from a mere zephyr, but I digress :icon_chickcheers:

Thanks Godzilla. I wish I knew how our house in Narooma fared.... We won't be down there for 2 weeks.. hope it's all intact...
Last time I heard Narooma had been blown somewhere just south of Bodalla .. if you have worries and no one else to report in, PM your address and I'll do a drive by. Lots of windows blown out and trees down, so if you think you are in an exposed area, may be worth someone having a look.

but two days of solid 30-50klm winds is starting to wear thin. The rain has been constant but not too bad.
So just a calm day. The mainlanders must have been running around like Henny Penny "The sky is falling "

News flash.... deck chair blow off the deck in Narooma, Latte missing presumed spilled

Cheers
Chris

I'm in mount keira and got a little rain this morning... nothing on what it was built up to be. kinda a let down, I was hoping for the 50 year storm. "will git im win ee comes back een!!"

I went to Canberra Friday for some R & R and couldn't get back to Bega on Sunday, Just got back Monday at 4pm by coming down the back roads, lots of debris, don't know how much rain we had but i drove the kids to friends on Friday and picked them up in a boat on Monday,

Joe

DSC_1155.jpg

We had 200km winds a couple of months ago. 30-50km sounds like perfect weather for kite flying :ph34r:

We had 200km winds a couple of months ago. 30-50km sounds like perfect weather for kite flying :ph34r:

:rolleyes:

So just a calm day. The mainlanders must have been running around like Henny Penny "The sky is falling "

News flash.... deck chair blow off the deck in Narooma, Latte missing presumed spilled

:beerbang:

Back