South Australian Beer Drinking Trends

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE DRUNK ARAB

Zen Arcade
Reaction score
Read an article in today's Advertiser on the beer drinking trends in SA.

One line has me crying in my cup of Tetley's All Rounder tea.

"SA Brewing regional manager Mark Haysman said one in every four beers bought in the state was West End Draught" :eek:

The market share here in SA is 45% Lion Nathan, 33% Fosters and 22% Coopers.
We need to keep educating the uneducated on the benefits of beer with flavour and character and stop this insane monopoly the big 3 have on beer sales.

C&B
TDA

West End is nothing like VB!

West End is tollerable at -1C if you drink it fast enough, and it does not give you gut rot after half a can!

Iv never even seen or tasted a west end draught, by the sounds of it im one of the lucky ones.

It would be the quintessential encapsulation of everything you would be hoping to avoid in making beer.
:icon_vomit:

BB

Statewide there are a stack of country pubs in rural and outback S.A. that ONLY sell WE Draught and VB. That is one of the reasons why they sell more than the competitor.

Speaking from a regional point of view. Over the last two years Coopers has taken more than 50% of the Yorke Peninsula beer market.
:D

Big sellers in rank on Yorke Peninsula at the moment are Coopers Pale, WE Draught, Pure Blonde. (With Hahn Super Dry climbing fast).

Cheers,

Mudsta :beerbang:

West End is nothing like VB!

West End is tollerable at -1C if you drink it fast enough, and it does not give you gut rot after half a can!

+1 for that...

I'm currently sitting in sunny downtown Whyalla and partook of some WE draught stubbies from the mini bar in my room last night. It was drinkable for the thirst I had. The four or five Coopers Pale Ales I had with my dinner were better though.

Apparently one in every three beers sold in QLD is a XXXX Gold, and three out of 5 are Castlemaine of some sort...

Back