Sources for fermenting buckets

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegBadgery

Reaction score
Worth visiting a beekeeper supply store (if there's one in the area). Prices for HDPE fermenting buckets can be much less than similar items for sale at homebrew stores. They may not have a tap, but if you're happy to use a racking cane/syphon instead of a spigot then they're perfectly serviceable.

cheers
reg

Worth visiting a beekeeper supply store (if there's one in the area). Prices for HDPE fermenting buckets can be much less than similar items for sale at homebrew stores. They may not have a tap, but if you're happy to use a racking cane/syphon instead of a spigot then they're perfectly serviceable.

cheers
reg

I agree Reg - many of the LHBS do charge a bit for a bucket with socket. They have to make money out of it though :icon_cheers: . I have used the Frantelle water container for special one off batches. I have used the 20l cube from the pool chlorine, but it makes everything taste like VB - even when no chilliing. Not even napisan / sodium perc can get that taste out. Best advice is to buy Willow brand. Cheap - why? Because of the quality and that gives you less infections. Less chance for bacteria.

Cheers,

InCider.

Back