• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Sources for fermenting buckets

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

RegBadgery

Reaction score
Worth visiting a beekeeper supply store (if there's one in the area). Prices for HDPE fermenting buckets can be much less than similar items for sale at homebrew stores. They may not have a tap, but if you're happy to use a racking cane/syphon instead of a spigot then they're perfectly serviceable.

cheers
reg

InCider

Swap Whore
Reaction score
Worth visiting a beekeeper supply store (if there's one in the area). Prices for HDPE fermenting buckets can be much less than similar items for sale at homebrew stores. They may not have a tap, but if you're happy to use a racking cane/syphon instead of a spigot then they're perfectly serviceable.

cheers
reg
I agree Reg - many of the LHBS do charge a bit for a bucket with socket. They have to make money out of it though :icon_cheers: . I have used the Frantelle water container for special one off batches. I have used the 20l cube from the pool chlorine, but it makes everything taste like VB - even when no chilliing. Not even napisan / sodium perc can get that taste out. Best advice is to buy Willow brand. Cheap - why? Because of the quality and that gives you less infections. Less chance for bacteria.

Cheers,

InCider.

Latest posts