Source for Bilchmann style seal shims, or recessed washers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

takai

Reaction score
If i had my lathe i would just make them myself, but it is in storage and so im stuck.

Trying to find a source of M27 shims locally, or recessed washers. I would use standard M27 washers, but at ISO they are 50mm OD which means that they dont sit well against the curved pot/kettle wall. I cant use a standard recessed nut because they are too thick and dont allow it to seal properly, hence looking for a washer solution. These are readily available in the US, but not here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006U1MTZ2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B006U1MTZ2&link_code=as3&tag=theelectricbrewery-20

A standard 1/2" 3mm thick washer could have a recess machined in it to contain the silicone seal, but no-one seems to do this.

Anyone know of suppliers for these items? Or have another solution?

Thanks mofox, will let you know. Im going to try a slightly different tack (literally) tonight, and will get in touch if it doesnt work.

Problem solved.

Ended up converting a BSP tapered fitting to parallel with more thread and then using the recessed nuts i already had.
20150902-204850-iPhone.JPG

Went for a bit of lateral thinking, and the TIG. Should do that more often.

Latest posts

Back