soundwave music festival

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kegs23

Reaction score
sitting here getting amped up drinking and waiting for freinds to pound a few beers before heading into brisbane soundwave,
as good as the music will be today im not looking forward to spending $10 for a xxxx gold or mid strength spirts,

whats the biggest rip off for beer you have payed for?

i guess a strip club got a pretty bad wrap for beer price(but i guess the scenery makes up for it)

unfortunatly the Belgian Beer Cafe over here has put prices up a couple of times since i was last there. 16 bucks for a stubbie of Duvell. A 750ml bottle chimay GR was 28 i can get that cheaper at a pub here in gero :( However food was awsome as ever never miss a beat there.

Sound wave note: So did Travis end up making it to the east coast shows or is he out for the whole tour?

out for all the shows his replace i hare is rage against machine drummer/tenacious d drummer,,,,,,

out is drummer for anthrax and 2 other bands aswell

I was so close to getting tickets just cuz Travis was coming. Had no funds

That festival is where music goes to die.

When I visit Sydney a few times a year, I have been heading for Lowenbrau or the Bavarian Bier Cafe for my Euro-on-tap hit. And paying over $20 a litre. However I've found a sweet little spot - the Bazaar Czech place at St Leonards that's only around 2/3 of the price. I'd guess that the high profile places pay astronomical rents in places like the Rocks or Manly Pier, while the hole in the wall joints can deliver cheaper product.

1283666116661.jpg

bum said:
That festival is where music goes to die.
Why so?

I haven't been before, but should be popping my Soundwave cherry next Friday.

yeah what a day,,,,,,,,,how is it possible to be throwing up a 1.30pm while drinking $10 drinks which are only 3.2% ,,,,,,,,,,thanks to MR cabbie which let us drink in his car on the way in,got to love red bull and home made vodka,,,,,,,,

highlight from the show

kyuss
cypriss hill
mettalica
sum 41

Going to the Sydney Soundwave today.

Not even planning on having a beer there. If I'm going to pay top dollar for a beer, it has to be top notch.

I'm pumped for A Perfect Circle, Blink 182 and Sum 41.

Last time I saw metallica they did nothing from the dud albums and Hetfield ever muttered an apology for them.

im gunna sound like my Dad here but...back in the bad old days at the Cross in Sydney we were paying 6-10 dollars a can in about 1966.lol wasd ALOT of money back then

I could hear Metallica from my house last night which is about 8km away and over a hill. Riffs in E and occasional fireworks

Liam_snorkel said:
i was standing just behind the guy with the flare in the metallica set. didn't see anyone get burned. security hosed him down to put the flare out which i actually thought was rather stupid because if they'd just left him the flare burns out and it's done, where as their way he had a red hot glowing chunk of metal that wasn't going to disappear anytime soon as it wasn't burning anymore.

Back