Sosman's Mill Cracks 100

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sosman

beerling
Reaction score
Well my mill has cracked 100 kg of grain and it is working just as good as ever with no real signs of wear.

Some people thought that maybe jarrah wouldn't cut it but it actually is standing up very well. I haven't progressed plans to motorise it since I can hand grind a 5kg grain bill in about 2 minutes.
MillExposedRollers.jpg

And no I haven't updated the wiki page but for people who haven't checked it out, please feel free to visit http://brewiki.org/RollerMill

I haven't checked with the same grain side-by-side with a knurled style mill but I speculate that the smooth rollers tend to leave the grain more intact. Also due to the positive drive to the second roller, there is less shear applied to the grain. I have set my brewhouse efficiency to 85%, I think the mill is helping me get good extraction.

Gday Sosman,
Do you make these mill's for sale? if not would you consider it without the hopper & box?

keng11 said:
Gday Sosman,
Do you make these mill's for sale? if not would you consider it without the hopper & box?
[post="60197"][/post]​
There is a queue waiting if that ever happens keng11. :)

cheers
johnno

Hi SOSman

Now, being the proud owner of a brand new Barley Crusher I understand that there is a special love that exists between a man (or woman) and their mill which is unlike any other love - but i have a download limit and i can' t d/l a pic of your mill every single time a milestone renews that flush of affection known only to a brewer :wub:

maybe just link will suffice in the future

lou

(but if you have to I understand ) :party:

lou said:
Hi SOSman

Now, being the proud owner of a brand new Barley Crusher I understand that there is a special love that exists between a man (or woman) and their mill which is unlike any other love - but i have a download limit and i can' t d/l a pic of your mill every single time a milestone renews that flush of affection known only to a brewer :wub:

maybe just link will suffice in the future

lou

(but if you have to I understand ) :party:
[post="60206"][/post]​

Hi lou,

I just looked at the size of the file for the pic of Sosman's mill and it is only 50k which is not a strain on any modem even dail up.

We did have a problem awhile back people posting 600 and 900k files of their favourite brew "thing" but that seems to be fixed now.

I do understand the frustration of a blank square loading line by slow line though.

Steve.

lou said:
... but i have a download limit and i can' t d/l a pic of your mill every single time a milestone renews that flush of affection known only to a brewer :wub:
[post="60206"][/post]​
No worries, some people type more than 50k of text in a post. When it cracks 1000 I will put a dialup warning.

Just don't go the link I posted - that is dialup hell.

keng11 said:
[post="60197"][/post]​
Not for more than a few drunken seconds. The hopper and box are just thrown together, the business bits are what take a while. Of course I could never make it exactly the same - no drawings exist, I just kind of made it.

Latest posts

Back