Something wrong with regulator?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, probably exactly what happened? Do you think it I left in a bath (- minus diaphragm ) of solvent cleaner it would fix. Which I had know that or was told that. I can’t see anything dirt but maybe inside tubes, etc ..,thanks for the help. Also would a bath of really hot water do? Then dried properly?

No way to know, there might have been a bit of metal and it may have cut the seat, no amount of soaking will help.
The seat might react with your solvent and swell, dissolve, melt... nothing will help that either.
About all you can do is give it a try, frankly I think just dipping the cassette into a cleaner then pressing the button and blowing through it is about as likely to help as anything.
Give the maker a call in the morning and see it there is a spare part will be I suspect the best outcome.
Mark

Hi just wanted to clarify post 12 you said the gas was venting through the pressure release valve.
If the gas is venting through the PRV I would suggest trying to clean the PRV (or replace if possible) but if the gas is venting through the body of the regulator then all previous advice is spot on.

When everything is on and assembled on and tight, it only comes through PRV.... well it’s coming through after pressure build up.... so it’s working in that sense...pressure builds up and vents through... so no leak or anything else..,

Last edited:
I opened up gas inlet and there is a think gauze or something that has a purpose. I cannot see how dirt would get past that anyway?

So, I might have the same / similar problem. Old bottle - no probs. New bottle - if I try to purge a keg, the regulator pressure immediately goes to zero and there is nothing coming out of the keg. However, release the PRV and the regulator slowly "regains" pressure (ie. goes back to 14 psi) over a minute or so. I did not purge the tank before getting. Crud??

Hi guys I think I have solved the problem :)

First all when I first put it on it was blowing through vent as described. Put back on old and it was fine. Put back on new and doing it again. I disconnected from keg. Bit weird... fiddled around a bit and it was doing it on both, as stated.

I cleaned by putting in bowl of hot water with all the bits that could. You should have seen all the bits of dust in water.... anyhow it’s working... didn’t think anything needed replacement..

Anyway leaving off keg for testing was rookie mistake. It’s a pity the 3 calls I made to supplier couldn’t suggest that. Must have seen it before .... replacement parts was suggested....mmmmm

Congratulations tr, you now have a serviced a pressure regulator! In our throw away society most people would have binned it an brought another one. From your photos the internals appeared in good condition, should be good for another 10 yeras with a bit of luck.

Exactly... solid steel, few moving parts... how can it not work? I never give up :)

Back