Some hop leaves are brown, dry

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is this stuff from Yates, just need to check if you can use it on edible plants.

https://m.yates.com.au/products/saving-water/1---protect/yates-waterwise-droughtshield-ready-to-use/
You can use that on edibles, I have sprayed the leaves on my climbing beans in the past.
I have 2 both the same, they are in pots so not the best, think it is just to hot them ATM
If the pots are in direct sunlight the rhizomes will be under stress, especially if they are black pots.

Y
If the pots are in direct sunlight the rhizomes will be under stress, especially if they are black pots.
All my hop plants that were in the ground looked fine today. The general herb/vege plants in pots were suffering stress by the mid afternoon, so no doubt the crowns in pot would have been.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1515262247837.jpg
    FB_IMG_1515262247837.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
BTW hop plants have made a good recovery from heat, one tree nearly no leaves in the heat, has bushed up well. I did not think there was time in the year to get back..... probably better than they were... lots of off-shoots look for places to expand...
cheers

BTW hop plants have made a good recovery from heat, one tree nearly no leaves in the heat, has bushed up well. I did not think there was time in the year to get back..... probably better than they were... lots of off-shoots look for places to expand...
cheers
They will expand, the rhizome is a lateral mover and I would lay a bet that they are already through the bottom of your pots and looking where to go next. Good to hear that they recovered.

Back