Solenoid Valves - Brass Or Stainless 1/2 Inch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leahy268

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Once again another bulk buy from China.
This time Solenoid valves.

Specifications can be found here View attachment specification_for_the_valve.pdf.

Basically getting some 1/2" sized valves with 12v DC operation and viton seals in a normally closed style.
Essentially reading all of that stuff in the specifications shows that they have 16mm ports through the unit so hopefully they will do what I want.

Including freight stainless should come in around $40 and brass around $35 US to Australia.
Although the more I get the cheaper it gets.
These things way 800g each apparently so most of the cost is freight.
That being said from a company in Australia I was quoted $270 per valve.

I will be getting about 10% extra to keep in case of failures..
Obviously as per usual I know nothing about these companies but they have been A&V checked by Alibaba.
Means that them and a 3rd party have verified the company and contacts.

Obviously I need the total to stay under $1000 AUD for customs purposes..

Anyone interested?
Put your name on a list with something like:

Username Type Qty
leahy268 brass 10

Hi Novaris,

I've been looking at similar. Those first ones though don't say much about the workings of them.
Be aware that some are only very small orifice sizes. Often those types that are really just for water are like that.
They also require pressure to open which isn't much good for anything other than the tap water coming in.
By the same token the 2nd one won't open if it has pressure. So no good on the other side of a pump..
The 3rd type look great but at $55 each are fairly expensive. Always trying to minimize the cost..

Remember in the ones I'm looking I'm building in 10% extra including freight to cover us for failure.
I'm hoping that I get a few orders so that I can make them cheaper than that.
Theres an initial freight amount for even getting just 1 valve..
However by the time we get to 30 the price starts to come down.

Anyone other than me interested?

Latest posts

Back