Soft Boil Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boots

Reaction score
This is pretty interesting.

In a commercial scale brewery, this company has designed a boil system where the wort is not actually boiled! The wort is kept just under boiling and agitated with a stirrer for sanitation, isomerisation, and protein coagulation. It is then pumped through a vacuum chamber.
The decrease in pressure evapourates water out of the wort (apparently exactly 8%), and does it all with a big saving in power. When the wort leaves the vacuum chamber it is already as low as 70, so there's less effort required to cool to pitching temps.

Product page here

Cheers
Boots

heres how meura have done it if your interested. wort stripping
http://www.meura.be/html/wort_boiling.html

theres a few companies they do this type of thing were the kettle isn't at a rolling boil.
heres another company who build similar things.
http://www.briggsplc.co.uk/
briggs of burton call theres symphony wort boiling.

both mearu and briggs are leaders in the field and you'll find we have a lot of their technolgy here in adelaide already, and no its not in my shed. :lol:

Jayse

jayse said:
both mearu and briggs are leaders in the field and you'll find we have a lot of their technolgy here in adelaide already, and no its not in my shed. :lol:

Jayse
[post="92374"][/post]​

I thought you werent allowed to mention that?

Guest Lurker said:
[post="92382"][/post]​

Yes i left out the names to protect the not so inocent 'me' :ph34r:
although the company in question is listed on the meura site as a company using the equipment so its public info, The brewhouse being from briggs surely can't be sensitive info either.

Jayse

jayse said:
Guest Lurker said:
[post="92382"][/post]​

Yes i left out the names to protect the not so inocent 'me' :ph34r:
although the company in question is listed on the meura site as a company using the equipment so its public info, The brewhouse being from briggs surely can't be sensitive info either.

Jayse
[post="92385"][/post]​

I think it's common knowledge, certainly within the industry. Briggs built Coopers new brewery and also CUB's new twin-stream brewhouse at Yatala.

coolum brewer said:
jayse said:
Guest Lurker said:
Jayse
[post="92385"][/post]​

I think it's common knowledge, certainly within the industry. Briggs built Coopers new brewery and also CUB's new twin-stream brewhouse at Yatala.
[post="92441"][/post]​

They have a brewery at Yatala?
:D

Boots said:
This is pretty interesting.

In a commercial scale brewery, this company has designed a boil system where the wort is not actually boiled! The wort is kept just under boiling and agitated with a stirrer for sanitation, isomerisation, and protein coagulation. It is then pumped through a vacuum chamber.
The decrease in pressure evapourates water out of the wort (apparently exactly 8%), and does it all with a big saving in power. When the wort leaves the vacuum chamber it is already as low as 70, so there's less effort required to cool to pitching temps.

Product page here

Cheers
Boots
[post="92345"][/post]​

Boots,
70% off primary energy is a good saving. Maybe we could do a bulk buy :super: . Looks nice though :(

Back