Sodium Percarbonate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering if someone with better chemistry knowledge can help me out here.

For years I have used a product called Gaynew to soak stainless steel fittings in to clean them. It was a product that was widely used in hospitality venues to clean stainless steel beer lines. With the advent of barrier tubing and glycol systems, the zero degree beer line cleaners have taken over. As a result, Ecolab have decided to discontinue this line from their range.

My question is this: Would I get similar results from Sodium Percarbonate as I have been getting; based on the ingredients list in the pic below?

EDIT: Pic won't load up for some reason. I will try in a minute again. Ingredients list is:

Sodium Carbonate 30 - 60%
Sodium Phosphate 10 - <30%
Sodium Perborate 10 - <30%

Gaynew.jpg

Last edited:
Straight sodium percarbonate won't have the detergent action of the mixture shown but will generate more peroxide.

I'd try adding about 1 part tri sodium phophate (TSP) to 3 parts sodium percarbonate and see how it goes.

Straight sodium percarbonate won't have the detergent action of the mixture shown but will generate more peroxide.

I'd try adding about 1 part tri sodium phophate (TSP) to 3 parts sodium percarbonate and see how it goes.
Thank you mate... I was hoping you would be one of the members to reply.

Latest posts

Back