Sodastream Problem

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bravehart

Reaction score
gday, ive been brewing for a while and up until now ive been bottling, ive just bought a a keg and reg and all the gear along with an adapter so i can use a 400gm sodastream bottle.

the issue im having is when i adjust the pin in the adapter it either doesnt push the pin in or when it does it wont seal and co2 leaks past the threads.

i contacted the seller and they informed me that there was 2 thread types, so i bought the other 1 and you guessed it the same bloody problem.
has anybody had this problem and if so can you please help me before i loose the plot with it?

thanks

nick

I think the adapter with the pin is for the bigger bottle. My adapter is just an ebay cheapie no adjustment in it and it's fine. However I put a tiny bit of keg grease on the mating surface of the bottle and thread. It will twist the rubber seal and kink it if the bottle is dry when removing the bottle or sometimes tightening it up.

Check the rubber seal is not kinked and back off the adapter adjustment and make small adjustments at a time.

Latest posts

Back