Sodastream getting into "home brewing"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtb

Beer Bod
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4705348/Sodastream-fizz-home-brew.html

I wasn't overly opposed to the idea, each to their own.. But then the article ended with this super wanky statement that takes a jab at actual home brewing;

‘It’s a lot quicker and easier and of a higher-quality product to do home brewing with Sodastream than it is to go ahead and do your own existing home brewing the way you do it right now.’

Haha.

They are just catching up on the home brewers. The fact that home brewers have taken advantage of bottled co2 in any means duh!!!

Home brewers prob account for a large % of their market and sales.
Can picture the marketing team now playing catch up.

Again: Quote:
‘It’s a lot quicker and easier and of a higher-quality product to do home brewing with Sodastream than it is to go ahead and do your own existing home brewing the way you do it right now.’

Obviously written by a clueless person in the works of marketing who is barely learning something adopted by home brewers long ago. :rolleyes:

Ahh I think I'll stick to what I'm doing rather than adding fizzy water to alcoholic cordial!

Yeah that too.
Beer Concentrate? Is that like freezing beer, then draining the concentrate, then to re-dilute it with water and carbonate?
Or something of a more awefull process? :what:

I ask for the true recipe and method!

Horrible thoughts come to mind. Like a full on Hopped Malt cordial concentrate. Or worse like artificial malt flavouring etc with some ethanol mixed in. Then add water and pump it full of co2.
Yummy.

Dread to think of what it would be and anyone who has soda stream will know it's not exactly cheap when you look at the price of their co2 and concentrates, can't imagine this would be any different!
Just can't see it taking off in the brewing community

You know, the best way to really gauge their "better than home brew" wank is to bottle some of their pseudo-lager and send it off to a BJCP-sanctioned home brew competition. I'd be tempted to do just that, but it's not worth the <$5 entry fee.

And to think, you blokes on here have been doing this brewing caper wrong for how many years now?
Why have you been wasting your time with traditional brewing methods when you could have just gone with Sodastream?

... beer cordial.

Technically isn't brewing so they're full of shit. (In case there wasn't enough evidence of that already)

Entering the homebrew market - what a wank - their offering has absolutely nothing to do with homebrewing. It's just another way of delivering mass produced beer.

It sounds like a dud from the start.

What they really need to consider is a system whereby you can serve draught beer from a purpose built dispenser that fits inside your own fridge.
Then instead of concentrates, you just purchase a bottle, say 3 litres, of commercial beer specially packaged for the purpose.
Plug the bottle into the dispenser caddy, then when it is cool you can serve several glasses of beer - suggested brands Tooheys Old, 150 Lashes, XXXX Gold.

The potential is unlimited and millions will flock to buy the system.

What they really need to consider is a system whereby you can serve draught beer from a purpose built dispenser that fits inside your own fridge.
Then instead of concentrates, you just purchase a bottle, say 3 litres, of commercial beer specially packaged for the purpose.
Plug the bottle into the dispenser caddy, then when it is cool you can serve several glasses of beer - suggested brands Tooheys Old, 150 Lashes, XXXX Gold.

That's a brilliant idea. If I may I have a suggestion for the marketing department - Lionel Richie inside the fridge singing "Hello, is it me you're looking for?"

We're going to be rich Bribie, rich I tell you.

That's a brilliant idea. If I may I have a suggestion for the marketing department - Lionel Richie inside the fridge singing "Hello, is it me you're looking for?"

We're going to be rich Bribie, rich I tell you.

Dont forget to charge more for the bulk bottle than you do for the equivalent volume distributed other ways

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4705348/Sodastream-fizz-home-brew.html

I wasn't overly opposed to the idea, each to their own.. But then the article ended with this super wanky statement that takes a jab at actual home brewing;

Quicker. Easier. High quality product.

Choose one.

Fonzie_jumps_the_shark.PNG

Thats a great idea! And I bet you could somehow modify it to fill it with you own beer! We could begin a thread on just such a topic. I bet it would be quite popular and most likely become a sticky. (thread)

Back