Sodastream Cylinders - At A Price!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jimmy - I think you will find that is the "buy" price, not the swap over cost. I got hold of one at K-mart for $29.95 a while back. The swap price is still $11 or so.

i bought one at kmart last wed. $36. still a bargain

Kmart in Bris have a 15% off sale, it ends friday. I got one of those co2 bottles and one of those 100can coolers.

nic0 said:
Kmart in Bris have a 15% off sale, it ends friday. I got one of those co2 bottles and one of those 100can coolers.
[post="45770"][/post]​

Brilliant. Thanks for the tip Nic0. The sale is on in Sydney too.
I know where I'm heading at lunch time.

Doc

What do you use those little c02 cylinders for?

You use them with kegs kaitai , mainly for party kegs

Do a search on this site "sodasteam" or party kegs , lots of info there already and some pics

Cheers Batz

Hey I like that idea. Be good to have a 5l keg in the fridge

Great deal at KMart on Broadway in Sydney.
Cost for a gas bottle outright $11. After todays discount $1.65 give todays cost of $9.35
Even the guy at the register thought it was cheap, and ran it though the register again.
Must be a mistake, but I'm not complaining, just passing on my good luck.

So I have the reg, the bottle, the tap just waiting on my 3 gal kegs to show up.

Beers,
Doc

originally i tried to buy a sodastream off ebay. i max bid at $25 but it ended up at $52 ! i was only after the gas bottle ....

doc, after reading your post, i feel like we are twins :) went to kmartie tonight (wasnt going to mention broadway, but you have already) & asked for a sodastream gas bottle. the guy asked if i had one to swap, & i sheepishly said no. he wasnt fussed & said i should pay a deposit of $11 & get a green coupon when i return this one (?!?).

being 15% off, also got it for $9.35. one of the other staff there thought this wasnt right & said it wasnt paying for the gas. he said it was. i walked away happy, expect to pay $30 but walked away for $9.35 (refill price - %15).

a very pleasant end to the working week. will pickup a regulator next week & bbq that weekend with workmates. staff were confused / lackadasical (end of shift / dont give a f*ck) so anyone else after a sodastream gas bottle, try your luck at kmartie, perhaps not broadway thou :)

nb - just noticed this large yellow sticker, that says on reverse that it must be attached to receipt to confirm 'user license'. is this needed when dealing with kmart or only directly with sodastream ?

redbeard said:
nb - just noticed this large yellow sticker, that says on reverse that it must be attached to receipt to confirm 'user license'. is this needed when dealing with kmart or only directly with sodastream ?
[post="45947"][/post]​

Good score Redbeard.
The guy that served me, realised the price was wrong, but the lack of another bar code to scan was the same as your experience. Care factor = zero
I guess most people swap, rather buy outright.

As for the sticker and receipt I dare say that as long as you take a bottle back they will swap for a full one. Again, lack of training, part time student staff and a care factor of zero.

Doc

has anyone actually wieghed a full or empty ali sodastream cylinder ?
ive been trying to get mine working with a 2nd hand reg & have found a few leaks from old washers, not to mention a bit of gas loss when 1st screwing it in (& out & in & ...)
so im wondering if ive got enough gas for a sat bbq .... !?!

thanks

Went to Kmart Brisbane this evening - price $30 - refill $11.

2 questions what connectors do I need to use my 3gal keg with the soda stream bottle & where can I get them??

cheers...

...this would have happened sooner or later, so I may as well get it over and done with...

does anyone fill their sodastream bottles from their main cylinder?
I know its dangerous, and i know it requires special hoses/fittings etc ...but, I'd really like to know more about it.

anyone got any ideas?

I saw this on the aussie craftbrewer site

View attachment gasser.bmp

I think in the Hoops soda stream adaptor post someone said that the old steel bottles had a purge value - which made them easier to fill than the new ones.

I think I also posted a link to a site that talked about filling these yourself. It looked pretty scary stuff and the $11 looked like a small price to pay for piece of mind.

http://www.ceisites.com/refilling.html

hope this helps !!

Cheers - Richard.

here is the image on the craftbrewer site

Hose.jpg

thanks for the info, Plastic Man ;)

Ross said:
Went to Kmart Brisbane this evening - price $30 - refill $11.

2 questions what connectors do I need to use my 3gal keg with the soda stream bottle & where can I get them??

cheers...
[post="46884"][/post]​

hoops did have a brass connector that goes between a sodastream & a normal co2 reg. might have sold all his 'stock' by now. esb.com.au also had them albeit more $$

from regulator to keg is the usual gas line / grey ball disconnect.

ps - try a different kmartie & ask for a refill. if carefactor=0 then no upfront purchase maybe

cheers

Redbeard - www.esb.com.au doesn't seem to work as a link?

Hoops??

Latest posts

Back