Sodastream Adaptors

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browndog

Are you bulletproof boy?
Reaction score
Can anyone advise me if they are able to use their soda stream adaptors with the new larger size bottles? by that I mean the 400g ones that have recently come out, I've run out of gas on my main bottle and then thought I was saved only to find the adaptor does not work with the bigger bottles.

cheers

Browndog - beerless - :(

tried the one i have and work's fine

Thanks DU99, interesting, mine seems to lock up tight without engaging the release pin, I suppose there is a remote possibility they gave me an empty bottle, better go have another crack.

Thanks DU99, interesting, mine seems to lock up tight without engaging the release pin, I suppose there is a remote possibility they gave me an empty bottle, better go have another crack.

Mine does exactly the same thing with the bigger bottles.

I found that if I took the adapter off the Reg, and screwed it straight to the bottle, it worked fine. (ie: without the adapter)

Mine does exactly the same thing with the bigger bottles.

I found that if I took the adapter off the Reg, and screwed it straight to the bottle, it worked fine. (ie: without the adapter)

Thanks Danbeer, I'll give that a go! there is no way the adaptor will work.

Hmmm... there is no way that is going to work, the regulator is designed to use with a bottle that has a tap, hence, no pin to push down on the release valve on the sodastream bottle.

Thanks Danbeer, I'll give that a go! there is no way the adaptor will work.

I assume by no reply by now that it didn't work and has blown his head off..... or on the floor blubbering in fetal position that he ruined his reg over the easter weekend.

:)

Working?

Browndog,
did you have the yellow spacer/o ring in there? As i had the same issue, but was fine with the spacer.

Tony

There was a thread on this before If I recall correctly. Some glued a tiny piece of plastic on the pin others took Ross up on the free replacement one that is adjustable if purchased from him. Either way a quick fix to get beer tomorrow or tonight is to glue something to the pin in the adapter.

Nah, still alive and thirsty, I've given up and going to the bottlo, the adapter only has an o ring it it, nothing else. I tried it without the o ring but it still bottoms out before engaging the valve.

Those 540g dieman bottles are a way better value for money for those still looking for a portable bottle. Screw straight into a regulator.
Sorry about your drama BD. Proprietary sodastream bottles and adapters are just a PITA.

All is good, I got a nozzle from a tube of silicone and cut it at the right diameter and length to slide tightly over the pin in the adapter, then added an extra o ring (thanks Tidal Pete) and all is working fine, a heavenly APA is now back within reach.

cheers

Browndog

All is good, I got a nozzle from a tube of silicone and cut it at the right diameter and length to slide tightly over the pin in the adapter, then added an extra o ring (thanks Tidal Pete) and all is working fine, a heavenly APA is now back within reach.

cheers

Browndog

I know cornies aren't cheap but having 23 liters of plain soda ready renders the soda stream machine useless. No worries about refilling their canister or their cheap plastic valves. Just buy the flavors. Use whatever Pet bottles you have. Their bottles do work very well.

I know cornies aren't cheap but having 23 liters of plain soda ready renders the soda stream machine useless. No worries about refilling their canister or their cheap plastic valves. Just buy the flavors. Use whatever Pet bottles you have. Their bottles do work very well.

Most of the brewers here are only interested in the soda stream gas bottles Freezkat, they are handy back ups for when your main bottle empties.

Most of the brewers here are only interested in the soda stream gas bottles Freezkat, they are handy back ups for when your main bottle empties.

Also handy for a pre gased portable set up. This is my newish portabl gas set up.

I have found that if the keg is already carbed a quick push of the sodastream button will pour a pint or 2. Have used it on the fridge kegs as well when the gas runs out.

Porta_keg.jpg

Also handy for a pre gased portable set up. This is my newish portabl gas set up.

I have found that if the keg is already carbed a quick push of the sodastream button will pour a pint or 2. Have used it on the fridge kegs as well when the gas runs out.

handy but really expensive and not the easiest to refill. Or did I miss something?

handy but really expensive and not the easiest to refill. Or did I miss something?

What you might be missing is that we don't use them for gassing soda. The idea is to use them for dispensing pre-gassed beer if our main gas bottle runs out or if we have a portable setup at a friend's bbq etc. The other option is to use paint ball gun CO2 tanks but it is easier to use the sodastream bottles because they can be easily swapped over at major supermarkets. You have to take a paintball tank somewhere to get re filled (may as well fill your main tank if you go) , or have a filling station/system at home (then you could just refill whatever tank you normally use for carbing/dispensing). The sodastream bottle is just a convienice bottle in some cases.

Those 540g dieman bottles are a way better value for money for those still looking for a portable bottle. Screw straight into a regulator.
Sorry about your drama BD. Proprietary sodastream bottles and adapters are just a PITA.

Just used my 540g dieman bottle over the long weekend. I had to use a keg king sodastream adapter with it as it has a pin valve. The kegking sodastream adapters have an adjustable pin so you can lower/raise it.

I did find there was a bit of swarth or something on the cylinder thread which I had to remove with a knife before I could properly screw the adapter onto the cylinder. After that... and the swearing when I got a surprise burtst of C02... it was plain sailing!

Latest posts

Back