Soda Stream Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

achy02

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have purchased a new soda stream bottle for carbing my kegs and the bloody thing wont fit the adapter. I have an older bottle, no more than 4 months old and it fits fine (except it is empty). I know this has prob been brought up and I did try and search but has anyone else had this problem and what can I do about it?
Cheers
Aches

You need an adapter. Look on evilbay or craftbrewer when they get back

You need an adapter. Look on evilbay or craftbrewer when they get back

Is this a new adapter as I already have been using one prior to buying this bottle? The adapter I am using was one I bought from Craftbrewer last year. If I have to buy a new one I am going to ditch these bottles and getting something more reliable.

Is this a new adapter as I already have been using one prior to buying this bottle? The adapter I am using was one I bought from Craftbrewer last year. If I have to buy a new one I am going to ditch these bottles and getting something more reliable.

When you say "It doesn't fit" can you be more specific ?

Post a pic of the adapter and the threaded end of the Soda Stream bottle ?

Kinda hard to help without these details.

Duck

I have been doing the swap and go thing with these bottles for ages never hade a prob a pic whould help

I found that with the newer type of cylinders, you need to screw it hard up into the adapter in order for the pin to be fully depressed. If your adapter is designed for the sodastream thread, then they should be able to be screwed straight into them, unless the thread on the bottle has been damaged in some way (if so, take it back and get it replaced). As others have said, a picture would help :icon_cheers:

Cheers,

Morrie

Sorry no camera for pics. When I say the new bottle won't fit, I mean that after about three turns it simply won't go any further into the adapter. If I take it out I can put my older bottle on and turn it all the way up with no probs. The thread on the new bottle appears the same and doesn't appear any larger. The bottle is different though. The older bottle is blue and has a yellow warning label. The new bottle is all grey with no yellow label. It is just the Sodastream brand you buy at Kmart etc. Im confused as to why it won't screw on. I was thinking that other people would have experienced the same thing...

look in your adaptor is there a black seal or oring in there? if there is take that out and it should work. some adaptors actually have an adjustable pin maybe your dosnt but if you take that seal out it should work.

I had the same problem with a new 100 litre bottle I ordered. Seems they have changed something about the length of the threaded section.

Anyway, my solution was to cut an additional seal using vinyl floor covering and then cut a little bit of a zip tie off that just covers the pin on the top of the cylinder. Then assemble, the additional seal then fills the gap between the top of the cylinder and the existing o-ring in the adapter. The little bit of zip tie fits between the pin on the cylinder and the inside the adapter and when screwed together, press the pin and opens the bottle.

Hope this makes sense.......

I went the path of least resistance on this one and exchanged my old bottle to see if a replacement will fit. The answer is .. Yes, I am back in business! It would seem that the grey bottle / s don't fit the adapter but the blue and yellow bottles do. If I get a chance I will duck in tomorrow and exchange the full bottle for a replacement blue bottle. There is a definitely difference between the grey and blue bottle so I hope this doesn't catch me out in the future.

Back