• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Soda Stream Adaptor

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoops

Reaction score
I had a couple of these adaptors made up so that you can use Soda Stream bottles with a normal regulator.
I can get some more made up if people want some. The guy charges $30
Still interested Trev Wedge GMK & Batz?

Hoops

Soda_Stream_Adaptor.JPG

I also had one made up with a 1/4" thread so I can put it on a CO2 reg to make it my permanent Soda Stream Reg.

Soda_Stream_Adaptor2.JPG

I am a fitter and turner , if I want one I'll make it myself

But thanks anyway

Cheers
Batz :p

But anyone interested??
$20

Bugger. $20 - I should have hit you up first Batz :p

Only pulling your leg

I have'nt the time to go making up stuff like that to sell

Just a few questions.

What are the soda bottles worth - what size are they.

Do they come with the gauge and is that reg able to withstand the sodastream bottle presure.

Looks very worthwile.

Hmmmm, you've got me very interested Hoops. I'm having a think about it. Hey can anyone tell me if you can buy the full soda stream bottles these days without a bottle to exchange? I also noticed that the new soda stream bottles look a little different to the older one, but I can remember now (I think they were bigger or something). Worst case scenario I should be able to score one from the tip shop, they always seem to have them.

I'll let you know hoops, but I'm very interested, beats the $50 price tag ESB have on them.

Thinking...thinking...thinking

Cheers, Justin

hoops
Where do you get those little regulators from?
I need one of those

Justin Batz and Ken

last time I asked you could still buy soda stream bottles from Kmart. Price not sure, probably $30. The new ones are taller and aluminium not steel, as they are phasing out the steel ones. If you can get second hand ones cheap I would buy them and then if you want to, take it to Kmart and swap for a full new one. Check out Salvos stores and garage sales for cheap old ones.

The reg is a little one I was given years ago, don't know where you could get them from now? It is a proper CO2 reg so it will handle the pressure fine.

The adaptor is just the brass piece in the first photo. There is one connected between the reg and bottle, and another one below it so you can see it better. It needs 2 of the little yellow o-rings that you can see in the photo so it can seal properly.

Hoops

Hoops, are these yellow washers just the plastic washers that you use when connecting your reg to CO2 bottle? Or are they a different item that you found elsewhere.

Thanks. Justin

Justin, you're spot on. They are the little washers that come with the CO2 bottle that you use for the reg.

Hoops,

I'm still keen to get one. Just let me know the details. Thanks a lot.

Trev

I've been thinking of a different avenue.
I managed to get a unit to tear to bits (without bottle) so I salvaged the end piece that the bottle screws into and the button that releases the gas.
I plan to build a little case for it and connect it to a gas disconnect and use it to give the keg a few shots of gas to pour the beer.

Beers,
Doc

Doc

I have thought about that before too. How would you connect the very small gas line of the Soda Stream unit to normal gas line/QD?

Thats the bit I haven't sat down and figured out yet hoops.
If got the unit in bits and need to visit a plumbing store to see if I can get a connecting piece that will connect the small soda line to normal gas line.

Doc

Doc

would an ID 4mm to 6mm ss splice work...
If so i have these.

GMK,

It would need to probably be an ID of 1mm to 6mm. May even be 2mm. Will try and measure it tonight.

Doc

I picked up another spare sodastream-to-reg adaptor today if anyone else want one (see top photo)
Hoops

Latest posts

Back