• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Soda Stream Adaptor

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, sorry for the late reply, I'm still around but not very often at the moment.
I have another batch half way through production but they wont be ready for a few weeks yet, too busy with work.
I'll post here when they are ready, I have lost track of who has asked for one.

Hoops

I'll take one for a 601 Harris as well Hoops.
Let us know when they are ready :beer:

Hey Hoops,
Have requested one before but if you can't find the list, I'm also keen to get the Harris 601 adapter. Can you put me down for one.

Chilled

G'day Hoops,

I requested one, but don't need it at the moment - the US regulator nut fits just fine, and I carved out a depresser that seems to do the job for me.

Thanks!

Andyd

Hoops,

Have also requested one previously and still want the Harris 601 adapter. Please put me on the list.

I'll just confirm that I'm still after a Harris one.

Hi,

Would one of these suit a Downey regulator (not sure if the threads are the same as Harris)???. If so I'll grab one as well.

Cheers,

Gav.

i read earlier about people talking about these SS bottles may explode etc, so i had a look on the SS site. heres what i found

"Each cylinder is fitted with a unique safety valve, which will safely release the gas in the unlikely event the pressure in the cylinder rise"

so seems they are fairly safe. hope this shed some light on the subject.

i read earlier about people talking about these SS bottles may explode etc, so i had a look on the SS site. heres what i found

"Each cylinder is fitted with a unique safety valve, which will safely release the gas in the unlikely event the pressure in the cylinder rise"

so seems they are fairly safe. hope this shed some light on the subject.

Hi guys, I've been "topping up" my SS bottles for a while. Recently I went to 20oz paintball cylinders. They are fitted with a burst disc for cases of overpressure. Remember to weigh in the liquid so you don't overfill the cylinder or you will pop the safety disc. Got an adaptor for paintball/SS cylinders from beeer101 on Ebay. Fits fine with my 601.

Hello. Im a newbie in this venture and I have some querries. Is the CO2 being used in carbonated drinks the same as the ones being used in airguns and the like? Is there such a thing as a food grade type of CO2?

Sorry to thread dig but...

Hey Hoops,

I am after a soda stream adaptor, Normal one I think.... Same reg as this...

Let me know if you can still get them and an ETA please =)

Thanks

Craftbrewer sells them. About $35 I think.

Hoops hasnt been around for a while, your best bet would be craftbrewer or ebay.

Sorry to thread dig but...

Hey Hoops,

I am after a soda stream adaptor, Normal one I think.... Same reg as this...

Let me know if you can still get them and an ETA please =)

Thanks

$37 from Craftbrewer, HERE

Kieren.

Hello Fellow Brewers, I thought I might let you know about the new system 'Ozito' has just introduced thru Bunnings. its a CO2 gas bottle with regulator and hose used for nail guns instead of hauling compressors around, its gonna be a swap and go setup with the cylinders and cost around 15 dollars. I had a look at them yesterday and the cylinders work on the same principle as the soda stream bottle. If you look on www.ozito.com.au you will see the system there under new products. Now I only have to check if the soda stream brass adapters will fit the Ozito bottle. Maybe one of you guys could check it out.

More beer less froth boys

Mark

fatcatrat,
I saw them too on the weekend while shopping for a fathers day prez.

$90 for the alloy cylinder that is about the same size as a paintball and $15 to refill.
Very much like sodastream as you would still need an adapter for the bottle to your reg.

Good for a mobile system but the buy bottle deal from the above sponsor is still the winner I feel as it's only 3 times the price for the bottle and fill but allot more than 3 times the gas.

I am lucky if I swap my bottle 2 times a year and it's done a few catering type gigs.

- Luke

cylinder holds 540g of CO2, how much does the soda stream one hold?

cylinder holds 540g of CO2, how much does the soda stream one hold?
330gm for memory.
The soda stream bottles only cost about $40 to buy, and $11 to swap.
Not sure I'd be willing to pay $90 for only 540gm capacity.

...then again, supply of the soda stream bottles at KMart seams rather unreliable - they were out of stock for several months earlier this year.

Hello Fellow Brewers, I thought I might let you know about the new system 'Ozito' has just introduced thru Bunnings. its a CO2 gas bottle with regulator and hose used for nail guns instead of hauling compressors around, its gonna be a swap and go setup with the cylinders and cost around 15 dollars. I had a look at them yesterday and the cylinders work on the same principle as the soda stream bottle. If you look on www.ozito.com.au you will see the system there under new products. Now I only have to check if the soda stream brass adapters will fit the Ozito bottle. Maybe one of you guys could check it out.

More beer less froth boys
Mark
Hmmm, this would actually be an interesting proposition if the $90 includes the regulator. OK, so it's not exactly going to be a great permanent solution, but as a portable party-keg setup, it might be right on the money.

fatcatrat - do you know whether the price includes the regulator as well?

Just checked the Bunnings catalogue.
$149 for the lot.
Maybe not so good as a stand-alone party-keg regulator (still cheaper than a cheap reg, sodastream adaptor and bottle though!).

Latest posts

Back