• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Soda Stream Adapter Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish

Reaction score
Help!!!!!

I've got people coming for Grand Final day and I can't get my newly purchased soda stream adpater to put out any gas?????

It's basic to connect to the regulator in place of a normal co2 bottle, but............it's not working.

Any thoughts????

Cheers
Fish

add a photo. is the bottle full ? have you screwed the bottle on tight enough ?

I have one of these adapters.

You need to ensure a few things in connection order:

1. Make sure the adaptor is screwed into your regulator tightly.
2. I threw out the "yellow" washer thing supplied with my adapter. (with the washer in there the pin on the bottle did not get depressed and so no gas escaped.
3. Make sure you have a GOOD seal between the Soda Stream tank by winding some teflon tape around the threads on the soda stream tank and then screw into the adapter.
4. keep tightening until the HIGH pressure gauge on the reg flicks up to indicate pressure... usually about 1000 on mine.

A word of warning !!

If you have a leak in the fittings somewhere you CAN go thru the SS bottle in <1 min. Then there will be tears and an emergency trip to Kmart for a replacement.

PM me if you get stuck and I will give you my mobile if it would help.

Duck

brand new bottle. The adapter is on as tight as I can possibly get it.

Am I right in assuming the soda steam bottle + adapter only should mean gas coming out?

If that is the case then my issue is with the adapter.

Fish

removed adapter seal and bingo - my ears are ringing from the test I just did in front of the pc!!!.

Thanks guys.

No last minute dash to the bottl-o required.

Fish

a photo will help, you should have it on the reg as well

Mine came with two seals and didn't work when both were in, so I removed one and it worked.

removed adapter seal and bingo - my ears are ringing from the test I just did in front of the pc!!!.

Thanks guys.

No last minute dash to the bottl-o required.

Fish

Good deal.

Enjoy the GF party and have a frosty brew on us :)

Duck

I jumped the gun a bit.

Plenty of gas but now the gas is leaking from the regulator housing, i.e. where the brass tube screws into the housing.

It has never leaked before and I don't know if it can be tightened. Doesn't appear I can.

Any thoughts.

Picture attached.

Fish

soda_stream_issue.jpg

bump

any thoughts?

Might pay to pull the reg apart at that point if possible, you might be able to put some plumbers tape on it and do it back up to stop the leak.

Back