Soda Stream 100 Ltr

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEVENALI

Reaction score
Has anyone got any clues about the 100 litre sodastream gas cylinders it seems they have a different fitting than the smaller cylinders does any one know of adaptors for this type.?

No idea, and probably no help, but the old skinny cyclinders (35 or 40L i think?) have been replaced by fat 60L ones for the same price, and my adaptor fits no troubles. Stoked about the extra volume.

Has anyone got any clues about the 100 litre sodastream gas cylinders it seems they have a different fitting than the smaller cylinders does any one know of adaptors for this type.?

Do you have a 100 litre cylinder? What makes you say it is a different "fitting"(valve).

according to the soda stream website

"Our 40 Litre and 60 Litre cylinders are compatible with all of our current models - Evolution, Jet/Stream, Genesis, Dynamo, Pure, Crystal and Penguin. The 100 Litre cylinders are only compatible with the Evolution, Jet/Stream & Dynamo models"

So if it fits the same machines as the 40 and 60 litre cylsn then it must be the same

I have used these since 2007 and have totally given up on them for the following reasons:
  • you have to order online and their credit card processing is/was offshore and you end up paying an exchange rate fee
  • you can get your exchange rate fee after berating them and telling them at no point in the process were you told that the credit card was processed offshore
  • they "lose" your refund on the deposit and you have to constantly follow up to get it back after email scanned images of your receipt to get it back
  • twice they have changed the fitting or it is machined slightly differently and I have had to add o-rings or add a little disk to get it to seal or press open the valve

In the end, I am going to buy a second 2.5kg Keg King bottle to use for all the stuff I used the soda stream one for, it is just not worth the hassle of dealing with them.

I would NEVER recommend using the 100L bottles.

That said........I have heard that they are the same as the bottles used by paint ballers, so if you do use them, you might just be able to get them refilled at a paint ball supply joint.

No I dont have a 100 litre cylinder, I was going to buy a sodastream for a backup up for my little 3.5 cylinder and I saw the big one on the soda stream add and I thought Ye Ha great, but I better stick to the 40 litre by the sounds of what you guys have to say.
I dont see for the life of me how you can buy and own an LPG cylinder and you cant buy a co2 cylinder for the same price someone is having a lend.

I buy my soda stream bottles from kmart - they are now the 100L ones and didn't work with my soda stream adapter that worked with the old 40 and 60L cylinders.

The old adapters "fit" - but the little prong that pushes the gas release valve is too short. 30 seconds of thinking about it and some tinfoil had the problem solved.

It means modification of a system that deals with the high pressure side of a CO2 gas cylinder - it works for me and I haven't killed myself. But if you try it and blow your legs off, its because you did it at your own risk, got it wrong and it aint my fault - you were warned.

I buy my soda stream bottles from kmart - they are now the 100L ones and didn't work with my soda stream adapter that worked with the old 40 and 60L cylinders.

The old adapters "fit" - but the little prong that pushes the gas release valve is too short. 30 seconds of thinking about it and some tinfoil had the problem solved.

It means modification of a system that deals with the high pressure side of a CO2 gas cylinder - it works for me and I haven't killed myself. But if you try it and blow your legs off, its because you did it at your own risk, got it wrong and it aint my fault - you were warned.
Thanks Mate I hoped there would be a way and I am usually legless anyway.

Latest posts

Back