Soda Flavor Mfg. Break Into Australian Mkt?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freezkat

Reaction score
I was talking to some other members about a brand of soda flavor extracts available here in the States.

I couldn't find a distributor in Australia. I called Rainbow Flavors Inc. In Missouri USA. He said he would be willing to send a box of samples down for some to try...in hopes to make contacts with retailers, users etc...

If you wanted to try this product, would the contacts be admins here or sponsors?

I have his number here on my desk

Have some product in transit, should be here in a week or so.
MHB

Have some product in transit, should be here in a week or so.
MHB

really, did he call you first?

They don't have a website that I could find. That homebrewit site is just a retailer. One of these web-list address sites just guessed what their url would be to fill in a slot in the database. Hundreds of data-miners copied, pasted that info and resold it.

I deal with several US wholesalers for various products I cant get here, one of them has a list of Soda flavours and I have ordered samples, along with a shipment of other stuff.
Mark

I bought the Rainbow Flavors Cola extract from eBay a month or so back, and I reckon it's pretty good stuff. More along the lines of pepsi or other brands than Coke. I make my own diet cola by mixing it with mineral water and stevia and I'm happy with the result. Goes ok with a dash of wild turkey ;)

. Goes ok with a dash of wild turkey ;)

Everything does. Hang on a second....gulp....gulp,
23128_a.jpg

This bird is Hoooot!!! Ein Prosit. ein Prosit!!!!

Hi mark have you made up some of these soft drinks? If its good quality I would be interested in making the cola from the extract making a corny full at a time. If theres a positive review id be keen to purchase this off you depending on price of course...

Interested as well Mark in what you found out and what range of flavours you are stocking if any.
Some of the US cordial sites have 120 flavours that can also be mixed.

This thread got me started when ahb was down the other day..

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f95/two-kegs-i...y-rocks-198326/
I tried the Birch Beer extract and used sucrolose (splenda) very hard to control the sweetness with the pure stuff. I found out it has natural birch extract in it...My son is slightly allergic. He just got an itch in his throat but its something to think about.

I have been very happy with this product line. Each bottle will make 4 US Gallons /15L

I like to mix some together. If you are a fan of root beer and have a 23L Corney

Make:

3/5 Root Beer

1/5 Creme Soda

1/5 Ginger Beer

You also can make your own soda using your sodastream machine with this product. It is much cheaper to just carb up a tank of water and mix later and forget the sodastream machine

I tried the Birch Beer extract and used sucrolose (splenda) very hard to control the sweetness with the pure stuff. I found out it has natural birch extract in it...My son is slightly allergic. He just got an itch in his throat but its something to think about.

I have been very happy with this product line. Each bottle will make 4 US Gallons /15L

I like to mix some together. If you are a fan of root beer and have a 23L Corney

Make:

3/5 Root Beer

1/5 Creme Soda

1/5 Ginger Beer

You also can make your own soda using your sodastream machine with this product. It is much cheaper to just carb up a tank of water and mix later and forget the sodastream machine

Thanks mate. it was ome of the Vannilla/chocalte/cola type essences and some others that i was interested in trying. Most all the companies that i found on the web over there were adverse to shipping OS though.

I have some of the tire valve screw caps for soda bottles that allow me to do excellent soda water for the missus and was thinking i could make some bottles (or just add the syrup to the glass) for the grandkids very easily.
They'd love some different flavours for sure, we only get the basic sodastream ones here.

This is what I do. It means I don't have to worry about contaminating the seals and I have all of the flavours available all of the time too

Just finished having a 2 hour conversation with the manufacturer and the first 100 L sample batch of Lemonade has arrived. I will be posting in a retail thread tomorrow when I have the first glass of nice cold Lemonade; but thought I should follow up on this thread before taking it retail.

After reread this topic it has raised a couple of questions that I need to put some more thought into, but I think we have a product that will serve the needs of most brewers.
The American product didnt really suit the Australian market, the Brewable versions only make piddling amounts and the Syrup type products are up around the 3-4L size and freight kills you; shipping inside the US is ridiculously cheap; which is far from the case here.
Im wondering how many people want a keg of any given soft-drink verses a Keg of Soda water and a dash of flavour, both options should be available.
Mark

hmm might be interested in this. I think it would be far better and easier to get a cab cap and do a bottle at a time as I cant justify dual regs just to run soft drink and the misses would never walk out to the shed to get one anyway.

For the cost of 2L bottle of "Soda" at the supermarket (you know the ones that don't taste quite like the real thing?) I wouldn't bother making it.

Members here have been known to actually throw out the soda just to keep the bottle.

Back