So Wot's The Story Behind The Handles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fingers

Reaction score
I would be interested to know how you blokes got your handles,I got mine,(or so I thought) because I play the piano,and I was quite proud of the name, but some years later it was revealed to me the reason being that on card nights,playing pontoon,I had to count my card tally up using my fingers(maths wasn't/isn't my best subject). so what's the story fella's,...is jayse short for JC who spends a lot of time at church?...is the drunk arab a chap of middle eastern decendance who falls down alot?...does fiscus mean f*** I'm silly can't u see?..... is big d a little bloke called dave? come on chaps.....come clean.

My initials are DB.

Not very clever I know...

Just too bloody lazy to say the rest of my name!!!

no iam not jesus but i do have dark long hair and a mess of a beard at times.and i quite often get called jesus by total strangers.esspecially at gigs in biker places.
also i get the john lennon stuff to because i wear small glasses.
but jayse is jayson.

one chick actually seriouslly asked me one nite if i was john lennon.
i simply asked. do you know who john lennon is.of course she had no idea??
anyway. i told her i was the egg man. iam the walrus. she didn't get that either and walked off.

the name is a work crew thing.dunno why but we all became big and used the first initial of our names.we have a crew made up of big d big w big c big m and big s plus two dads and the walking stomach.he eats alot like all the time. and the boss who was recently sacked called schnauzer.he has a big nose.

well my name is william so i get billy from the day i was born

till i started school at 5 i thourght my name was BAD billy.... (mum... your BAD billy) lol

in high school i had some really mad smoko and blew out a few mates... after that it was bad billys (as in.. hes got bad billys!) has just kinda followed me since

Billy

Lack of imagination .... Firstname, last initial :rolleyes:

I'm originally from Wales (not really looking forward to the World Cup), became an Australian citizen about 6 years ago. Therefore, I 'wozza' Welshman, now I'm an Aussie...

A play on my initials (DR) and my early career where I used to fix stuff (hence Doctor).
So over time it has been shortened to Doc.
Therefore my brewery is called Doctors Orders Brewing (DR's Orders Brewing).

Beers,
Doc

drsordersheaderlogo.jpg

nothing to do with eels

Mine is just my first name.

Scottish gaelic, pronunced Murray

My names john.
A mate calls me johnno so I thought I'd go with that on here.
How about people posting their mug B) shots on here. Its good to put a face to a name.

Cheers

Wozza, I like yours. Mine has no imagination at all, but when you first sign up you don't realise the gravity of the moment and just tap in something that comes to mind

I like the nickname of that bloke Tony Hancock. Mates called him "Parts"

(Toe, knee, hand, cock)

Very close there fingers.
I am of Middle Eastern descendants (last name Rasheed) and I drink therefore I become drunk!

TDA

Mine is linked very closely to my voice. A few mates reckon I sound like the great man so I earned the nickname. Sorry, not very exciting.

Maintain the rage! ;)

Gough.

WARNING! NERD ALERT!

Wasabi was the name of a character I played in an on-line role-playing game. Was trying to capture the Asian/Monk feel and something that was associated with a bit of a "POW".

These games only allow one person to use a particular handle, so this is what I ended up with, not wanting to use name12 or whatever.

The game has gone, but the name lives on.

I just like takin' it easy - f&*KenEasy
;)

I used to use the handle "kukulkan" when I first used IRC in around '95. I've never really found a new nickname, so I just use it shortened (kook).

Its the name of a Mayan god, a feathered serpant infact. I was a little fascinated with Aztec, Incan and Mayan history at that time in my life. I was a troubled boy ;)

Latest posts

Back