So Whats Brewing Next?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonY

The Imperial Metric Brewery
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone is planning to brew next?

I will be giving Doc's Saison a crack next week I have the yeast and dried orange peel ready to go. Will post a report on the home made orange peel for everyone :p

Currently have a hoppy pils fermenting away and an Oktoberfest ready to keg. Drinking a Hefeweizen and English Special Bitter :)

So many beers so little time :p

So what are you all brewing, fishing for ideas for brews down the track!

Good on you Jason - I'd like to hear your comments on the orange peel. I'm just about to brew a Hoegaarden clone tomorrow using orange and mandarin peel. I tried my best to find curacao oranges in Melbourne but no luck...

My next brews will be the
- Hourglass IPA (which I was going to do at the weekend but didn't have the energy for).
- an Imperial Pilsner

Beers,
Doc

Thats a hard question. I have a stack of JW Pale Ale malt, 500g of cracked Roasted Barley, plenty of Northern Brewer and Fuggles, and some Burton Ale Yeast in the fridge. Was thinking of trying a decoration mash with the Pale Ale, to get a more interesting malt profile (get some Cascade and go for a American style ale), or should I bite the bullet and a get speciality grain or two as most recipes I've seen go for a few different malts. I already have a stout and an ESB on the go. Any suggestions?

Got a nice light (hopped) American Ale fermenting away at the moment.
I'm drinking the first runnings from my new brewery at the moment too. Its probably best described as an Australian premium lager. I used some Kirin malt I got cheap to do this test run, but the beer came out superbly for its style....

I have declared this "the summer of the dunkleweizen".... After introducing allot of friends to hefe over the last couple of years, its time to bring on something with a bit more complexity....
It will still be pretty light , using mainly dark Munich & dark wheat malt as the only colour grains, no roasted stuff anyway.... brewing that Sunday week.

Then Perth brewers will have to come up with something we want to brew at the next get-together @ my place on the 25th.....

Asher for now

Hmm I fly back into perth at 1am that day from France don't think I will make it to see this beast of a brewery. :( I could try to show up in the arvo but I think the other half would crucify me ;)

I just did a Sierra nevada pale ale clone, but hopped with Crystal and Vanguard-so not really a clone at all, fermented with the 1056 yeast. Clean malty profile with a really nice floral hop flavour and aroma. It's a nice beer anyway-but taking ages to clear. It's kegged and carbonated now so I've been sneaking a bit :D.

Have an oatmeal stout that I started on Wed night last week on the cake of the 1056 SNPA which is nearly finished fermenting. Tastes pretty good too-damn I love Carafa Sp III (NB. I haven't used the 1 or 2 but I'm sure I'd love those too ;) ). Everyone I give a dark beer to that's used carafa spIII has absolutely loved it and can't believe how smooth and pleasant the roastiness is. Anyway I love it.

Planning a 50L batch of schwarzbier :)D another dark beer :rolleyes: ) for the next brew. The munich lager culture is building up at the moment but I'm going to have to postpose it now because I don't think I can get it brewed before the weekend as I'm heading up to Sydney.

Then I want to brew a Czech Pils before the weather warms up too much.

In Jason's words-so many beers, so little time.

Cheers, Justin

I've got a bock, munich helles and German pilsner in secondary. Brewing an Irish Red Lager and an Oktoberfest this weekend.

Lager weather is fading fast, I'll be back into the ales soon!!

Will be brewing an all grain ESB on sat...similar to fullers

JW pilsner,munich,crystal (120),malanoidin and flaked maize...

Target,challenger and goldings....

WLP002 English ale yeast....

Got a bock in primary and a pilsener in secondary at the moment. Not sure where to go next. Maybe a hefeweizen.

Drinking a Scottish Ale at the moment , I have a Czech Pilsner and a smoked porter kegged and ready , an oktoberfest and an APA in fermenters

What next? mmmm not sure but brew day is not far off :rolleyes:

Whats brewing? ...always a great question.

Yesterday i put down a octoberfest right at the high end of the style and for that little bit extra i even went a few points higher on the F.G (1.067).

Today iam about to go out and put down a wee heavy.

In the fermentors i have another octoberfest plus a rauchbier and 45litres of munich dunkel plus i have the SSOS which has been in the primary since bigd's trip down here which one day i'll get around to bottling.

In the kegs drinking at the moment is a scottish export, a munich helles, a awesome american brown and a oatmeal stout.

Cheers and happy brewing
Jayse

Holy Shite Jayse do you ever slow down? Full cred to you, mate!

I'm brewing the Arrogant ******* this weekend (got some great Chinook from dave at Goliath) and I'm waiting for a Bock and an ESB to condition. They're looking good for the Qld comp in October.

Currently drinking a Bavarian hefeweizen, the Brissie Brewers Big Brew Day APA (man it's a good 'un!), an oatmeal brown ale and an Octoberfest.

My three tier bar font arrived from the UK at customs this morning, so I'll have to think about brewing a cheap "no effort" beer, to crank up my new keg system for th first time and learn it's finicky, mysterious ways. Oh yeah, bring on the draught beer! :p

Cheers - Snow

Once the pilsner is bottled next w/e I'm going to have a go at a Chimay Cinq Cent. - its too expensive to keep buying at $7 a stubby.

Hi Jase,

Any chance of you posting your American Brown recipe? That's next on my hit list (after the Irish Red and Oktoberfest).

Cheers,

Corey

I didn't read the fine print and only answered half the question. So here I go again.

On tap is:
Irish Red
Arrogant *******
Demon Ale
Imperial Vanilla Bourbon Porter
Saison

In fermenters are:
California Common
RyeIPA
Breakfast of Champions (Imperial Oatmeal Stout)
Weizen
Oktoberfest
James Squire Pilsner

Upcoming Brews:
Imperial Pilsner
Hourglass IPA
Smoked DunkelWeizen

Beers,
Doc

Currently in kegs/on tap I have:

Ahtanum Crystal Rye Ale (APA)
Eis Alt
Her Majesty's Oktoberfest
Buggered Up Bock

Lagering is:

OktoberFIST

Fermenting:
Munich Dunkel (un-named as yet)

Up next:
Smoked Porter
Leffe Blonde clone

C&B
TDA

Last Minute Oktoberfest was brewed last Sunday

To do list:
Northern English Brown
Arrogant Zen ******* Sitting on a Mountain
Oatmeal Stout
IPA
Scottish
Aussie Strong Ale

Hmmm... filling this out makes me wish I was elsewhere!!

Currently in the Fridge:
Toffee Porter
Grumpys Colonial Stout
Sour ******* Cider

Currently in ther fermenter:
Pale Ale Clone
About to be thrown out as I brewed it while I had chicken pox(before i knew it was chicken pox)

Next in line:
Old Shire Scrumpy Cider
Going to be a sweet fruity cider made with strawberries and raspberries, and a sweet mead yeast.

I have in the fridge.
Coopers stout kit.
Last 2 bottles of porter :(
Single malt lager with Hallertau hops.
Single malt APA with cascade hop
Part Mash APA with Athumn hops.

Just bottled an Part mash Pils.
Just CC'd a 2 can savings brand draught done with a 34/70 yeast (lager style).

A few weeks back coles were getting rid of all the savings brand brew kits due to new "labelling".
One day they were $2 each , I picked up 3.
2 days later they were $1 each. I took em all. 4 left by then.
I cant help a cheap bargain like that.
I want to try and do another one of these 2 can jobs with some Wyeast 2007 before the weather gets any warmer.
Then I can see a couple more 2 can ales coming up. I have plenty of hops and yeast.
Wish I had a brew shop closer to me.

cheers

Latest posts

Back