So I just had to get some yeast from craftbrewer......

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingbrownbrewing

Reaction score
So I hitched a ride to craftbrewer today to grab a bit of yeast with thcarbinator as he was picking up some bulk buy grain.

We all know we cant go in there on a Saturday morning without walking out a few bills lighter even if you just wanted to get some yeast, Rosco has that way about him.

Had a chat to Rosco and somehow I ended up with this:

null-3.jpg

On the way home thecarbinator and I form a pact to age some straight lambic for a year, and go halves, and he can help brew and build the harness.

So I get it home, clean it out, and the thecarbinator comes round and knocks this up in about an hour.

null-2.jpg

It is good to have wood butcher mates.

So let the King Brown Brewing and Skyhook Brewhaus barrel sour project begin!

And I just went in for some yeast........

a crusty old barrel like that probably wont need any help making the beer sour. Which reminds me of something off topic:

Earlier in the year I pinched some chardonnay juice from work straight from the crusher, let it ferment with what ever yeasts/bacteria were present. i then washed the yeast/bacteria and pitched it into a 5L batch of pilsner malt and perle hops. The result was not fully attenuated and increasingly sour (specifically acetic) but not completely unpleasant. Actually I still have some of that yeast/bacteria in the fridge.

In your shoes I would have been talked into getting that barrel as well. Good luck with the sour!

And I thought your avatar was just another internet sourced image. Kudos.

Latest posts

Back