So glad Stone is now directly imported...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jez

Reaction score
Just saw a bottle of Arrogant ******* in my local bottlo for $35. I know it's fresh but WTF?!?!

All Grain Recipe - Stone Arrogant ******* ::: 1.071/1.015 (6 Gal)

Grain Bill

13 lbs. - 2 Row Pale Malt
1.25 lbs. - Aromatic Malt
1 lb. - CaraMunich Malt
1/2 lb. - Special B

Hop Schedule (98 IBU)
1.5 oz - Chinook [13%] (60 min.)
1 oz - Chinook [13%] (20 min.)
1.5 oz - Chinook [13%] (1 min.)

Yeast
White Labs California Ale Yeast (WLP001) - (Starter: 1130 ml shaken or 1000 ml on a stirplate)

Mash/Sparge/Boil
Mash at 150° to 152° for 60 min.
Sparge as usual
Cool and ferment at 66° to 68°

The yeast should be an English ale yeast like WLP007

I made a batch of a clone very similar to Yob's recipe. $35 is a joke.

I used US05 as it's what I had around.

Bloody awesome beer.

Go to a store that doesn't rape you.
This is what they're going for in Brisbane (and not a particularly cheap store either):

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1429763878.718512.jpg

I wish I could find them down here. The only place I've seen them is online, at close to $18 a pop.

Liam_snorkel said:
Go to a store that doesn't rape you.
This is what they're going for in Brisbane (and not a particularly cheap store either):

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1429763878.718512.jpg
This is the second time today I have seen someone saying they have been 'raped' when referring to paying too much. Rape is an horrific crime and about 20% of woman in Australia have been sexually assaulted. A sobering statistic and a reminder that using the term inappropriately can trivialise and normalise the 'crime'. I am sure that was not you intent, but something to think about. :ph34r:

There isn't another context. It's not ok to trivialise or joke about violence against women.

takai said:
Is that even in a fridge? If not it makes the refrigerated transport a bit laughable...
Everywhere is air conditioned here, and they've been flying off the shelves by all reports. It's not like Slowbeer which faces the northern sun..

I've had a fair few Stone beers as my cousin works for them in San Diego. Although they are great beers, I'd also say a bit overrated. Especially at that price.

I had a sample of the Ruination DIPA last night from G&G. Seemed pretty fresh and the bitterness was surprisingly smooth given the 100IBU label claim.

Couldn't believe when I saw them in even the 'nice' beer store I like to attend on occasions. Was absolutely stoked however couldn't help but think back to that interview with Greg Koch and him repeatedly saying he would poor a stone beer on the curb if he found one in Aus. I'm guessing then they've obviously sorted out their distribution otherwise we have a rogue supplier, anyone know the story? Evidently they're not cold shipped but I'm just happy to get them within their consumption date. Can't wait to crack them. :chug:
Here's a little flick of the purchases tonight (already had the choc stout however put it in the mix as it's an exceptional beer).

20150423_203346.jpg

Does anyone have an article or something on stone releasing their beers in Australia? I can't seem to find anything. I struggle to believe they would be letting them ship without being refrigerated.

edit: found an article on craftypint......i still can't believe that they are shipping them warm

Yeah these ones are legit distro, cold shipped. By some reports only just within their 90day "enjoy by" stamp though. Plenty of grey imports floating around too. "Experience it" are the legit importers so check the sticker, I guess.

citizensnips said:
Couldn't believe when I saw them in even the 'nice' beer store I like to attend on occasions. Was absolutely stoked however couldn't help but think back to that interview with Greg Koch and him repeatedly saying he would poor a stone beer on the curb if he found one in Aus. I'm guessing then they've obviously sorted out their distribution otherwise we have a rogue supplier, anyone know the story? Evidently they're not cold shipped but I'm just happy to get them within their consumption date. Can't wait to crack them. :chug:
Here's a little flick of the purchases tonight (already had the choc stout however put it in the mix as it's an exceptional beer).

attachicon.gif
20150423_203346.jpg
Let us know what you think of the Arrogant *******. I had it in the states and at the brewery there and thought it tasted like the clone brew I did which I didn't particular love.

The other Stone beers were pretty good, the Pale Ale was mundane though. Also if you can get Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar, give that a go, really different but excellent beer.

Latest posts

Back