Snow

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gone brewing

Reaction score
This is a review of the biggest selling beer in the world - Snow. Haven't heard of it?? Apparently in 2008 it overtook Bud Light to become the world's biggest selling beer (now that's gotta put you on the map).

Here's a link to Wiki...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_beer

They brew 61 million hectolitres of this each year. Fancy that!
:icon_vomit:

This is a Chinese beer that is brewed by a joint venture between the Chinese and SAB Miller. I haven't come across it in Australia.

I am in China at the moment and I tried a bottle of the draught (sorry about the contradiction in terms there - just telling you what was on the label). I was amazed to see the list of ingredients: hops, rice, starch and malt barley - in that order!

Wonder where this starch is coming from if it isn't malted barley or rice? You would think they would say wheat if that was the source. The mind boggles...

Anyway it's brown and fizzy. That's as close as it gets to beer and that's all it deserves for a review. The only reason I wrote this review is that I just can't get over them adding starch.

Avoid it like the plague... it's shite...

It's just amazing that the food here has so much flavour and the beer has none. It's worse than VB...

truly...

I'm not kidding...
:icon_vomit:

Dont knock the Chinese in this regard, according to some UK forums I visit, hop growing in the UK is just about stuffed because the EU is paying the farmers to plough up their hop yards and plant subsidised canola instead. The major hop suppliers outside Europe are going to be China and the USA in that order so hopefully China will develop a quality brewing industry to match the quality of its raw ingredients. Anyone for foo-gools and goh-dings?

Dont knock the Chinese in this regard, according to some UK forums I visit, hop growing in the UK is just about stuffed because the EU is paying the farmers to plough up their hop yards and plant subsidised canola instead. The major hop suppliers outside Europe are going to be China and the USA in that order so hopefully China will develop a quality brewing industry to match the quality of its raw ingredients. Anyone for foo-gools and goh-dings?

Plide oh Lingwooh? Oh dear...

I like Snow, I think he's a top bloke. :D

starch isnt that uncommon. Belgian breweries add starch into their beers. Rochfort, chimay (i think) both do. its not that uncommon. I forget what it does, but it has a purpose.

however in the case of the beer your drinking im sure its being used as a shortcut.

Back