Snapped Spoon

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OCC

Reaction score
just airating my wort last night a e.s.b fresh wort and just as i was finishing i snapped my brewing spoon, now with it being already steralised i thought the best thing to do would be leave it in there instead of dunking my hand and arm in and risk infection....... was this the right thing to do..... please don't tell me i have f#*ked up the fresh wort kit..... occ :angry:

Your beer is definitely ruined. I'll be over soon with an 18 litre stainless steel container to collect the ruined beer, so it can be properly disposed of. Do not be worried if the container looks like a corny keg, I promise you I will not take the beer away and drink it myself.

OCC you're beer will be fine.

Cheers
MAH

MAH, how about i save you a trip up mate i have a spare keg in the shed i will fill it and send it to adelaide where you can dispose of it properly!!!!! :p :p :p

You must have been giving it a bit to snap the spoon, they are pretty strong..

Oh and if you want to save on postage you can send it down to wollongong rather than adelaide :p

OCC said:
just airating my wort last night a e.s.b fresh wort and just as i was finishing i snapped my brewing spoon, now with it being already steralised i thought the best thing to do would be leave it in there instead of dunking my hand and arm in and risk infection....... was this the right thing to do..... please don't tell me i have f#*ked up the fresh wort kit..... occ :angry:
[post="85711"][/post]​

I did exactly the same thing ...LAST NIGHT also!!!!!!! :blink:

... I fished it out with a pair of stainless tongs ??? I've lost count of the number of plastic spoons I've snapped :angry:

Think I'll check out a restaurant supplier and get a long handled stainless soup ladle ...

jimmysuperlative said:
OCC said:
[post="85711"][/post]​

I did exactly the same thing ...LAST NIGHT also!!!!!!! :blink:

... I fished it out with a pair of stainless tongs ??? I've lost count of the number of plastic spoons I've snapped :angry:

Think I'll check out a restaurant supplier and get a long handled stainless soup ladle ...
[post="85767"][/post]​

Just a thought :)

Why don't you attach the long handle spoon to a Makita [or whateveer] and do a decent job of [a] stuffing the spoon or getting the air into the wort.

Steve.

Oh I'm nor far from MAH so send the keg to him and I'll collect it and dispose of it carefully for you.

what was your brewing spoon made of

not an old wooden spoon from the cook

It would be hard to break the long handle jobs from the brew shop

Rod said:
It would be hard to break the long handle jobs from the brew shop
[post="85779"][/post]​

No it's not hard at all , broken a few back in my K&K days

Batz

mah i would take occ up on his last offer he said he has a spare corney in the shed and he will fill that up for you and post it to you .
well mah you would save on the post and score a keg as well .i suppose thats compensation for disposing of the "OCC's SPOONERS ALE" LOL :blink:

delboy :p

c'mon muga & rod don't ya give ya wort a good whippin when ya airate it,i like ta get it frothin right up to the top before i put the lid on it.
put a bit of muscle nancy boys!!!!!! ;) :p :lol:

those long handled plastic spoons are the biggest rip-off piece of sh!t ever!
******* things snap like a twig, (unless you're really slow, like a leggy geriatric sidestroke distance swimmer :)

I thought i'd been splashing around enough sanitiser and hot water to follow it in, and grabbed it from the bottom. Beer grew a carpet in a matter of days :(

tangent said:
those long handled plastic spoons are the biggest rip-off piece of sh!t ever!
******* things snap like a twig, (unless you're really slow, like a leggy geriatric sidestroke distance swimmer :)

I thought i'd been splashing around enough sanitiser and hot water to follow it in, and grabbed it from the bottom. Beer grew a carpet in a matter of days :(
[post="86042"][/post]​

LOL - When I've needed to recover something from the wort, used a plastic bin liner (new & unscented) over the arm, works a treat.
& yes, have to agree, those plastic spoons are a total waste of money - invest in a S/S paddle...

sorry to disappoint you mah but the wort seens to be goin fine so looks like it's a win/win situation for me-keep the wort and my spare keg as well as save on postage costs!!!!!!
and yes i will be gettin a s/s spoon no more snapage for occ. :beer:

Back