Snaplock shank Oring size

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

Reaction score
I am wondering if any one has the measurement of the O-ring that goes on the shank for snaplock fittings.

I want to service all my snaplock fittings but do not have the correct size to order more.

Or is someone has a set of Vernier Callipers and use snap lock fittings that can measure that would be most awesome.

You will need to give a bit more detail, I can think of half a dozed different fittings that would be covered by the description.
The other problem being that taps by different companies that look very similar might need slightly different O-Rings, if indeed you are talking about taps.

The easiest way is to go to a good HBS that sells kegging parts, or if you know the maker just order directly from them Andale, something Japanese-Lancer...
Or go to a good seal shop part in hand and ask for however many you want to fit this "thanks mate"...
Mark

Yes, fair call. I believe its the standard commercial snap lock fitting that is used on taps and transfer leads in pubs.

May be called Fatlock .

Andale list it as the BS014 o-ring.

Well by Googling BS014 O-Ring the first link is Blackwoods
Oring.JPG
Which really does answer most of your questions.
M

Yeah. Unfortunately I found 3 different sizes on Google for bs014.

So I thought I would ask on here. As we are all brewers I thought I might get the correct answer.

I didn't just post here cause I'm a lazy ****.

Funny, I posted this question on two forums and first replies on both were to use Google like Google is an Oracle or something?

I reckon Google is the only authentic Oracle the Earth has ever known but I'm a bit of a sceptic!

I'd be taking MHB's advice and popping in to a local seal/bearing wholesaler. Or you could pop into a Bungings which is sure to have a set of verniers that you could use, if you can get the deadbeats, I mean staff, to help you that is...

Someone is bringing a set of Verniers to this afternoons Dark and Stormy Case swap.

Ill post up the measurements when I measure them.

Why not just call Andale and order them? Any Snaplok/Fatlock part (Andale, Hoshizaki-Lancer, Bracton) will take the same o-ring. I say that because I have equipment from all three manufacturers in the same venue.

Latest posts

Back