Snap Lock Set Up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusty

Reaction score
060509___Random_Shots_055.jpg

Can anyone tell me what taps these are & what I would need for each tap to set this up. What's the difference between Andale Floryte tap & the Floryte DA tap apart from the DA having a straight shaft, here
I know they are snaplock fittings but not too sure what to get. I will be running JG fittings on the inside so I assume I would need a shank adapter (4") & the screw on adapter for the JG fitting.

Failing that, I am looking at this set up using Perlick 525's.

162922_1779334762493_6478240_n.jpg

Cheers

Yeah yeah yeah, I said I preferred to bottle but I want to keg my standard house Ales & bottle the odd batch.

060509___Random_Shots_055.jpg

Can anyone tell me what taps these are & what I would need for each tap to set this up. What's the difference between Andale Floryte tap & the Floryte DA tap apart from the DA having a straight shaft, here
I know they are snaplock fittings but not too sure what to get. I will be running JG fittings on the inside so I assume I would need a shank adapter (4") & the screw on adapter for the JG fitting.

Failing that, I am looking at this set up using Perlick 525's.

162922_1779334762493_6478240_n.jpg

Cheers

Yeah yeah yeah, I said I preferred to bottle but I want to keg my standard house Ales & bottle the odd batch.

2nd picture doesn't actually look like 525s. 525s don't have a removable spout. Perhaps they are 425s?

Anyway, if going the Perlick make sure they're forward sealing

425's in the second shot. I will be looking at 525's.
I just prefer the taps on the first set up.
Thanks for the tip.

Taps in the 1st pic are DA's. Andale make them, but there are other brands aswell (I have a lancer DA tap, and i've seen other brands too).

The taps come in both snaplock and lock in type, so you'll want to make sure you get the snaplock version.

Then you'll need a snaplock adapter (eg http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=732) and a shank to mount through the fridge door. (The adapter then mounts on the shank)

Taps in the 1st pic are DA's. Andale make them, but there are other brands aswell (I have a lancer DA tap, and i've seen other brands too).

The taps come in both snaplock and lock in type, so you'll want to make sure you get the snaplock version.

Then you'll need a snaplock adapter (eg http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=732) and a shank to mount through the fridge door. (The adapter then mounts on the shank)

Thanks for that.
I gave Andale a call & if I go this way, it goes like this.
Tap > snaplock panel adapter > Fridge > cooler coupling > hose to ball lock fitting.

Snaplocks are great and make cleaning a breeze. I use John Guest fitting on the rear of the shank and connect that to the keg. I think the brand of my taps is almanasc but function similarly to the Anadale ones pictured.

This is some I recently sold, my beer line length is longer than pictured.

kegtaps.jpeg

Snaplocks are great and make cleaning a breeze. I use John Guest fitting on the rear of the shank and connect that to the keg. I think the brand of my taps is almanasc but function similarly to the Anadale ones pictured.

This is some I recently sold, my beer line length is longer than pictured.

View attachment 56408

They look awesome.
Thanks for the tip & picture. Easier to get your head around stuff when you can see it.
Cheers

second pics are shirons. they were the perilic knock offs but still reasonable quality.

Back