Smoking Meat...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mje1980 said:
Brewerbbqer on aussiebbq. Noob haha
I am JazzyJ on both those forums.. Not a huge contributor, but do plenty of reading

I am not sure if i have contributed my rig on this forum, but anyway. this time last year i bought a pro q frontier

best money i have ever spent. does just about everything and i have not used the bbq since

BBQ chicken is now a staple, so is smoked cheese.
I have had great results , and have tried pastrami, pulled pork, tri tip, brisket and the christmas turkey.

Looks awesome mate. My BBQ only get used for weekend breakfasts. Everything else is cooked in the smoker (mainly because we don't have an oven.

Awesome mate, I'm drooling!.

Mine was a fail, pretty sure. I finished it in the oven and its sitting in foil in the esky. I reckon it got too hot too quick and will be dry as, but I may as well find out. Have chicken drummies sitting in brine, they're the plan b, least I know they'll be done in an hour!.

I love the weber, awesome. I now know why lots of guys have a weber kettle, and a smoky mountain. Such a great bit of gear

The advice i got for tri-tip was to cook it to med-rare due to the low fat content. I had it a tad under that, and could of done with a tiny bit more, but better under than over.
it was sliced for burritos.
ill be doing it again, when i see it come up at my local.

Weber Q, Weber kettle and Weber Smokey Mountain

All used regularly

I have a BBQ problem

Cheers

Mr B said:
Yeah, I must confess to being the same.

However, I also don't mind a bit of DIY, so the research continues into the smoker build..cause you make a cheap copy of the expensive ones.....

Mmmmm Pid controlled gas smoker........ maybe recirculated,,,Mmmmmmmm.......

So many options

Tex N Oz said:
Got em here in Baulkham Hills nsw today.
So after setting up my NSW based sister & visiting parents to head out to Baulkham Hills to get one next week, my parents found one in the Fortitude Valley store.
This despite the fact the call center confirmed that QLD was completely sold out !

Mr B not sure if it was the last one but might be worth a look if you're in town.

I tried to kill that chuck roast. Snake burned too hot and died overnight. Finished in the oven. Was sure it was stuffed but I foil wrapped it and esky'd it. Added some smoky BBQ sauce after I pulled it

Some dry bits but it fed 9 kids and 5 adults with some left over. So good!

image.jpg

Beef spare ribs and snags over a bit of Redgum. Chuck some cheap supermarket snags in the smoker and brush with KC BBQ sauce for the last half hour turns them into a treat. Looking forward to those ribs though. Those taters should be melting at meat off time.

Spareribs.JPG

For a "fatty" could you use a Pyrex dish, like a meatloaf to cook it in?.

mje1980 said:
Never done it but I suppose it would cook. It'd cook in in own juices though and the smoke wouldn't reach every part. Be best straight on the grill plate imo. What's the reasoning?

I can so see myself wrapping it wrong and it falling through the grate haha

If you're using mince a good thing to bind it together is sausage meat. Helps keep it a bit moister too if you overcook it.

Just roll it gently off the plastic onto the grill and it sets in no time.

mje1980 said:

mje1980 said:
I can so see myself wrapping it wrong and it falling through the grate haha

Don't be worried, the thing sets like a log of concrete. I was a little worried, but I sat it straight on a fairly wide gap mesh/rack and no problems. I wouldn't use pans or anything, they hold liquid, burn food and don't let good circulation to cook completely evenly.

Wack it straight on your cooking rack, she'll be right.

The GF was staying away and phoned me to pull out a Pork Forequarter out the freezer so she could make a roast when she returned. She should know me by now......8hrs over Redgum after marinating in Memphis Dust and pulled with KC Sauce. Home made Slaw with Grated Apples and Russian dressing. Corn went on later and then covered in butter, cream cheese and Chilli powder.

Smoking Pork.JPG

Pulled Pork.JPG

Pork Sangas.JPG

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Yesterday's smoke
Roasted peppers, baby spinach and cheese stuffed fatty

Peppers...spinach ? It's healthy...yay !

Latest posts

Back