Smoked pineapple beer recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homebrewbanga

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recipe for a smoked pineapple beer? I'm wanting to smoke the pineapple on the BBQ but could possibly use a smoked grain as well, looking at doing a pale ale or even a lager but any input would be appreciated thanks šŸ˜šŸŗ

I'll have a stab.
If it were me, it would be something like a smoked Helles - 40% smoked malt - 60% Pilsner - lager yeast - Still Spirits pineapple schnapps to taste at packaging.
I somehow doubt BBQ'ed will deliver the goods.

I'll have a stab.
If it were me, it would be something like a smoked Helles - 40% smoked malt - 60% Pilsner - lager yeast - Still Spirits pineapple schnapps to taste at packaging.
I somehow doubt BBQ'ed will deliver the goods.

I was thinking after smoking the pineapple to then soak it in rum to draw out more of the smoker pineapple flavour and add that to the fermenter

I was thinking after smoking the pineapple to then soak it in rum to draw out more of the smoker pineapple flavour and add that to the fermenter

Dunno man, you can only suck it and see.
I made a couple of batches of Tepache not long ago, and its delicious. If you're a pineapple fancier, its worth a try.

6InKyCQ.jpg

Tepache
I like what I see there - never heard of it before but I'm sure it goes well with some Tequila!
On the list for the next BBQ. Thanks for the inspiration

Latest posts

Back