Smash Warrior/bb Pale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerSwiller

Reaction score
Hi All,

Going to break out a SMaSH brew with just BB Pale malt and using warrior hops, was aiming to make a light drinkable beer for people that are not too accustomed to home brew.

Looking at

3kg Pale
500g sugar
13.5g Warrior 15%AA @ 60min

---Should I add more additions or leave as a plain beer to aid non-homebrew drinkers?

Thanks all

i wouldnt bother with the sugar.

replace it with more malt.

Personally with a beer like this idea drop the sugar and just do all malt and mash around 64-65 and it will finish a little higher than 1005 and still be very drinkable by the masses. I regularly brew a Blonde Ale(Bjcp cat:6b)using pale malt, one bittering addition and either us05 or s04. Comes out great and no one complains about it being too bland nor to flavourful.

A recipe like that is completely reliant on the yeast.

For megaswillers, I'd use S189 or 34/70 at ~14C, (or US05 at 18C, but megaswills are lagers).

For non megaswillers use 3944 @ 18C :D

Hi All,

To get a low finishing gravity 1006ish what should i program the braumeister as?

Hi All,

To get a low finishing gravity 1006ish what should i program the braumeister as?

I almost don't know where to start...

sounds like you need to do some reading on FG's and the factors that influence them, and then come back with more information.

Recipe details required:

Grain bill, Batch Size, Predicted OG, and Yeast type you intend to use for a start.

There are heaps of factors that affect a beers final gravity before you contemplate mash temp (which i assume youre asking about)

Seriously not trying to be rude or a prick, but even with a braumeister, it's not just as simple as going "im gonna do this beer, push a button and out it pops".

However, to give you a rough guide, if you want to have a standard beer maybe around 4-5%ABV, and assuming a pretty simple straightforward recipe, you would ideally want to be mashing medium to low mash temps. My beers regularly finish around 1006ish and i typically mash at either 65 or 66deg.

Off the top of my head, my yeast (usually us05 or Nottingham) usually give me around 80-85% attenuation......i think..

Hi All,

Why do you want such a listless beer? Program the machine for a single 62C rest and use a nice lager yeast at 12C and enjoy BODY in the beer!

There are a lot of things megaswillers don't enjoy in craftbeers ... body isn't one of them.

But really, since you have such an expensive machine: go 55 for 10, 62 for 30, 67 for 30 and 78. Read up on controlling enzymes - TBH it's a bit frustrating hearing someone has a BM and doesn't utilise it. :eek:

Back