Smart Beer Mat Orders Refills

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron

Reaction score
From New Scientist of all places, sound like a good idea to me:

Smart beer mat orders refills

* 12:10 29 September 2005
* NewScientist.com news service
* Will Knight

A beer mat that knows when a glass is nearly empty and automatically asks for a refill has been created by thirsty researchers in Germany.

Link for full story

Nice.
Is there a keg version that can SMS me to say it is time to brew again because the keg is almost empty :p

Doc

Doc said:
Nice.
Is there a keg version that can SMS me to say it is time to brew again because the keg is almost empty :p

Doc
[post="80221"][/post]​

Get some PLCs and have it fire up the hlt and crush the grain too.

That's funny. One thing that stood out in Belgium and Czech Rep was the beer matt culture. No beer mat, no beer. Belgium wasn't as strict as the Czech Rep, however I can't recall a single beer being served that wasn't placed on a beer mat (beer festivals aside).
Each table had it's little beer mat stand and the waiter would place a mat down for each beer. In the Czech Rep the first few outings saw the waiters almost throw the mats down in disgust. We soon learnt that if you wanted to fit in, it was advisable to select a beer mat as soon as you were seated.
When you didn't want anymore beer you would place the beer mat on the top of your glass.
A electronic beer mat wouldn't be as interesting as an attentive waiter.

Back