Small Batch - Single Can Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wobbly

Reaction score
Has anyone out there done a say 11 to 12 litre brew using just a single can of "goo" with no added DME etc.

If so what were your experiences other than maybe the finished product possibly being a bit too bitter.

Are any cans of "goo" better than others?

What about finishing hops etc?

What is a good dry yeast that will finish reasonably quick, wont mid a bit of temperature fluctuation and will settle out reasonably clear?

My reason for asking is that I will be holidaying in the North West of WA for about 3 to 4 months and don't want to take the Braumeister etc with me and was considering brewing small batches as I will be able to control fermentation temps with a bar fridge and only have to worry about a few dozen bottles at any one time

Cheers

Wobbly

Your basic Coopers Australian Pale Ale has one of the lower IBU's of the Coopers kit cans, so is well suited to a single can small batch brew...it'd give something like 35 IBU & 4.7% abv in a 12 litre batch. Can't really go wrong there.

Half a pack of US-05 or BRY-97 dry yeast should work fine with the bar fridge's temp control.

Latest posts

Back