Slovenia/Croatia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stakka82

Hoptimus Prime
Reaction score
Hi

The missus and I are going on a central european car trip in a few weeks and we're looking to break it up a bit with a week on the coast in either Slovenia or Croatia.

Does anyone have any suggestions for particular towns/locations? Ideally looking for a nice beach that's not completely hammered by tourists... although if the touristy places like Dubrovnik or Split are really that good we would consider them.

Cheers!

Stakka, the mrs and I did 3 wks in Croatia a few years back and had a great time. Late sept, early Oct 2007 I think. Just at the end of the busy season.

We wailed from split to dobrovnick and back over the 3 weeks. There were plenty of boats doing a similar route that were full of young Aussies, kiwis and Brits that were there just to get pissed. The boat we were on was a little more civilised laid back. It depends on what your looking for I suppose.

While there were a few boats doing a similar run, wedidn't run in to heaps of tourist and it didn't feel top busy.

I'll have a look at the photos tomorrow and will shoot you a few of the highlights.

Overall it was a great trip and I'm glad we did it.

I am just back from Croatia. (Hence wanting to know about the radler in other posts) if you want heaps of hints must see / avoid tips, pm me with your email and I'll reply to that. It's awesome!

Latest posts

Back