Size Of Mills

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
Can anyone give me the dimensions and weight of the Valley mill and of a Barley Crusher/JSP Malt mill out of the box (ie. bare minimum size). I have a mate in the states at the moment and the possibility is there that he may be able to bring one back for me. However, I'd like to know the dimentions of the above mills (and anything similar) too see whether it is going to be practical to fit in a luggage bag or not. The other option is a crank and stein mill, being smaller and just the bare essentials but for the price you can get a ready made mill with no need to fabricate different bits and pieces.

Thoughts and comments please. :unsure:

Thanks

Justin

I think I still have the box mine came in.
It is about the size of three wine bottles side by side (both length and width).

I'll measure it up tonight and post back. If you are lucky I may just even take a picure of it.

Beers,
Doc

gday justin

barley crusher is 3.2kg including the wood base.

the box it came in is approx

33cm w x 33cm d x 31cm h
the box may have been slightly bigger but i just took a rough plus a bit measurement of the bc.

should give you an idea

cheers
big d

couldnt find a ruler so got the next best thing

barley_crusher_001.jpg

Fantastic effort. Thanks heaps. You couldn't give me an idea of depth could you (approx. cm would be fine)? I assume the hopper is going to be square, but perhaps it is more rectangular? This looks promising :D

Thanks heaps

Justin

top of hopper 21.5 cm x 22.5 cm approx
base 7.5cm x 13cm approx
depth approx to top of rollers 23.5cm

hope this helps

I really appreciate that. It was hard to work out exactly how big it was from all the photo's on the web. It is actually a lot smaller than I thought, this is good news. I was initially thinkinig I would have to get a crank and stein because it is a lot smaller, fits in a box 23cmX10cmX10cm. Now I may try to convince him that a barley crusher will fit in his baggage ;)

Bribe with beer. ;)

JD.

Any word on the Valley? Hey Batz, you have one don't you? Has it arrived yet?

Here is a pic of my Valley Mill.
Unfortunately I don't have the box anymore.
The top hopper and knob on the side come off.

So the size if the unit for shipping is 376mm h x 85 mm d x 230mm w.

In the box it would be just a little bit bigger.

Beers,
Doc

ValleyMill_002.jpg

Thanks Doc. Man, the decisions. Fast running out of time too and Valley say allow 2-3 weeks delivery. Aarggg. Must act quickly.

Thanks guys.

JD

Back