Quantcast

Site News

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

dane

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have been negleting the AHB site quite a bit recently! :blink:

Since I got back from hols I have been busy with work and just haven't had time to work on the site.

I know there are a lot of things that people want done, ie. Web Chat, Recipe Database, New/Better Skin, Merchandise, etc.

On the topic of adding new features etc, I am looking for any board members that are familar with PHP/MySQL and have some spare time to try and develop the reciepe DB. Before I started all this, I knew nothing about Php. MySQL so I am pretty much a Noob but I can soft my what through it these days. However my weekness is in scratch development so if anyone can lend a hand that would be great!

I am going to try and spend some time on these things over the next week or two.

I know these is version 2 of the IPB forum on the way out and I would like to implement that which a better homepage (more portal like) as with easy links to the above new features.

It it quite amazing that despite the number of issues and the lack of time I have spent on the site in the last 4-5months that the site has continued to grow and the regular visitors and posting continue to come.

After the revamp I will send out email to everyone to try and drum up some support for the new looking site to get things moving again.

Thanks for the support.

Wax

Reaction score
Three cheers for Fiscus

hip hip :lol:

deebee

The Bludgeon Brewery
Reaction score
Thanks to you fiscus. Roundly acknowledged as possibly the best Australian homebrew site for good combination of friendliness, ease of use, spirit of information sharing, lack of beer-snobbery and genuine expertise.

Sadly I have no computer savvy and can offer no help... but will continue to support the site with visits.

pr1me

Reaction score
hey there, i'd help but unfortunately all my web dev experience is in asp/vbscript... i've done a little php, but no mysql, just MS sql. I can still try and help if you want, normally I can work out the code after a bit of reading and some questions... I do graphics design also though, so if you want anythign of that nature, happy to help there too.

dane

Reaction score
...And to get myself back in the mood I'm going to stop off at the brew shop on the way home from work and put down a brew tonight......

Wreck

Reaction score
Put me in the same boat as Pr1me, although I usually do more back end stuff. Let me know.

btw, great site Fiscus.

Wreck.

Justin

Reaction score
What sort of back end stuff Wreck? :huh: Are you sure Prime1 wants to be put in the same boat as you ;)

:p ;)

No offence intended. Ha Ha.

JD

Wreck

Reaction score
Wouldn't you like to know! ;)

pr1me

Reaction score
a boat? a back end? hello sailor! lol

dane

Reaction score
Hahha and the thread is shot to pieces.....

Ok lets get back on topic. :)

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
I know PHP and MySQL.
That is what I've written my home brewing website in.
My temp logging system uses MySQL and I wrote the front end in PHP.

I've been waiting for you to put up those conversion PHP scripts I sent you ages back too Fiscus B)

I'm happy to help.

Beers,
Doc

Latest posts