Simple Stand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a fantastically brilliant idea.
I haven't built a stand because I have nowhere to store it.
A design using that principal would be collapsable and storable. Brilliant.

Thanks for the link Andrew.
There goes that rest of my afternoon now, expanding on that idea :p

Doc

Awesome, it's a keg on stilts!

Well I'll be stuffed. What a simple, effective idea. The conical fermenters were dangling this idea infront of many of us, I never even though of it. It's funny how you get all caught up building an elaborate steel show piece of a brewery, especially when you don't even have the means to do it as so often seems to be the case. People get caught up for weeks pondering how to build a metal monstrosity when they don't even know how to weld or have access to a welder. This is one simple, functional, easy to build answer.

Awesome, and top darts to the bloke who KISS. I reckon the system could look pretty good too. Hmmm, conical fermentor from stainless keg :rolleyes:

Cheers and nice find. Justin

I think the first person that also works out a very simple way of also mounting a burner underneath the keg (and still allowing it to be dissassembled quickly) will end up in the company of Charlie Papazan and his ZapPap MLT in brewing equipment history.
Now there is a challenge.

Doc

Doc said:
I think the first person that also works out a very simple way of also mounting a burner underneath the keg (and still allowing it to be dissassembled quickly) will end up in the company of Charlie Papazan and his ZapPap MLT in brewing equipment history.
Now there is a challenge.

Doc
Doc,
I use a single burner for HLT, mash and boiler. I built a frame aroung my burner and it simlpy "hooks" onto my frame under the kegs.
Sorry no pics.

Great idea however my garage floor is a tad uneven - I will only be making three legs. No more rockin'.

can't those four ring burners just sit on the concrete ?

mine does. It came with a cast iron frame.

Latest posts

Back